Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge two files with similar column entries Post 302620551 by pratapsingh on Sunday 8th of April 2012 05:12:29 PM
Old 04-08-2012
Sorry forgot to mention that .. all the fields are separated by \t TAB .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare the column from 3 files and merge that line

I have 3 file, each of has got 80000 records. file1.txt ----------------------- ABC001;active;modify;accept; ABC002;notactive;modify;accept; ABC003;notactive;no-modify;accept; ABC004;active;modify;accept; ABC005;active;no-modify;accept; file2.txt ---------------------------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_mak
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge Two Files based on First column

Hi, I need to join two files based on first column of both files.If first column of first file matches with the first column of second file, then the lines should be merged together and go for next line to check. It is something like: File one: 110001 abc efd 110002 fgh dfg 110003 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multiple files based on one column with different and similar values (shell or perl)

Hi, I have nine files looking similar to file1 & file2 below. File1: 1 ABCA1 1 ABCC8 1 ABR:N 1 ACACB 1 ACAP2 1 ACOT1 1 ACSBG 1 ACTR1 1 ACTRT 1 ADAMT 1 AEN:N 1 AKAP1File2: 1 A4GAL 1 ACTBL 1 ACTL7 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seqbiologist
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge two files with two columns being similar

Hi everyone. How can I merge two files, where each file has 2 columns and the first columns in both files are similar? I want all in a file of 4 columns; join command removes the duplicate columns. 1 Dave 2 Mark 3 Paul 1 Apple 2 Orange 3 Grapes to get it like this in the 3rd file:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merge two file based on similar column content

Input file 1: A1BG A1BG A1BG A1CF A1CF BCAS BCAS A2LD1 A2M A2M HAT . . Input file 2: A1BG All A1CF TEMP (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

merge two column multiple files into one

Hi I have multiple files each with two columns and I need to combine all those file into a tab delimited file. (multiple entry with same name separated by a comma) The content of the files are as follows: --- file1.txt: name var1 aaa xx aaa gg bbb yy ddd zz --- file2.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary271
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files based on the column value

Hi Friends, I have a file file1.txt 1|ABC|3|jul|dhj 2|NHU|4|kil|eu 3|hjd|34|hfd|43 file2.txt 1||3|KING|dhj 2|NHU||k| 3|hjd|34|hd|43 i want to merge file1.txt file2.txt based on the column null values in file2.txif there are any nulls in column values , (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge two or more fields from two different files where there is non matching column?

Hi, Please excuse for often requesting queries and making R&D, I am trying to work out a possibility where i have two files field separated by pipe and another file containing only one field where there is no matching columns, Could you please advise how to merge two files. $more... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add all 4 column entries for similar column ids

Hi, I want to write a script which will add the entries in all columns for the same column id. I can do it in excel, but I need to do this for 384 columns which will come down to 96 (384/4). How can I do this iteratively A A A A B B B B C C C C 1 0 1 0 2 1 4 5 3 4 5 6 2 0 0 2 3 5 70 100 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge two csv files using column name

Hi all, I have two separate csv files(comma delimited) file 1 and file 2. File 1 contains PAN,NAME,Salary AAAAA5467D,Raj,50000 AAFAC5467D,Ram,60000 BDCFA5677D,Kumar,90000 File 2 contains PAN,NAME,Dept,Salary ASDFG6756T,Karthik,ABC,450000 QWERT8765Y,JAX,CDR,780000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nivas
5 Replies
install-datebook(1)					      General Commands Manual					       install-datebook(1)

NAME
install-datebook - installs a new datebook entries onto your Palm handheld device SYNOPSIS
For serial devices, the -p <port> option is required, or you may use the $PILOTPORT environment variable: install-datebook -p /dev/ttySX filename [filename filename ...] For USB devices, the new USB port specification is: install-datebook -p usb:/dev/ttyUSBX filename [filename filename ...] DESCRIPTION
install-datebook allows the user to write one or more datebook entries from one or more source files. Once install-datebook is started, the user must invoke HotSync on the target device by pressing the HotSync button on the cradle or by tapping on the HotSync icon in the Palm launcher. The format of the source file contains one datebook entry on line, containing four tab separated fields. The fields are start date/time, end date/time, alarm settings, and the description of datebook entry. This program doesn't yet support repeted entries. The date and time must be in format understand by parsedate.y. At the very least, the following two formats are understood: August 11, 1997 0800 GMT+300 1997/08/11 08:22:33 GMT+300 If either one of the date and time fields is empty, the entry is installed without time. If the alarm field is empty, the entry is installed without setting any alarms. The alarm field can contain numbers followed by "m" (minutes), "h" (hours), or "d" (days). Here are some example lines ("<TAB>" = tab, "<NL>" = newline in these examples): -> 1997/08/11 0800 GMT+300 <TAB> 1997/08/11 0900 GMT+300 <TAB> <TAB> IETF Registration <NL> -> August 11, 1997 0900 GMT+300 <TAB> August 11, 1997 0930 GMT+300 <TAB> 2m <TAB> Introductions <NL> OPTIONS none USAGE
The program will connect to the target Palm device, and write the datebook-formatted file given on the command line onto the Palm into the DatebookDB.pdb file. KNOWN BUGS
If no timezone is given, install-datebook will assume the time is in GMT and it will convert it to localtime. If you don't want to write timezone entries to all begin and end times, set the TZ environment variable to GMT before running this program. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://bugs.pilot-link.org/ AUTHOR
install-datebook was written by Tero Kivinen <kivinen@iki.fi>. This program was based on install-todos program written by Robert A. Kaplan <kaplan@openmarket.com>. SEE ALSO
Free Software Foundation Palm Computing Device Tools install-datebook(1)