Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: this web..
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators this web.. Post 302619355 by Neo on Thursday 5th of April 2012 10:00:52 AM
Old 04-05-2012
Registered users do not see ads; so the solution to "too many adverts" is to register ... it is pretty simple, really.

Also, on just about every page with any display ads, there is a link to register with some text about "Register to Stop Sponsored Ads", etc.....

Really, it is really simple to stop ads on this site (much easier than most sites, where even registered users see ads).

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic web pages for Unix Web Server

Hi, my company is considering a new development of our web site, which used to run on Apachi over Solaris. The company who is going to do this for us knows only about developing it in ASP. I guess this means we'll have to have another ISS server on NT for these dynamic pages :( What are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web browser and web server for Unix

Hi there all I am looking for both a web browser as well as a web server (Ie. Netscape Fasttrack) that will run on HPUX 10. If you know where I can get these free via FTP, please contact me as soon as possible!! Thanks, Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mleathers
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM)

Java web console Vs Web-Based Enterprise Management(WBEM) 1. I like to understand the difference in purpose of using java web console and Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) 2. As per CIS benchmark, both of them has to be disabled when not used for increased security. Solaris admin(s) -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberidude
0 Replies
DMEVENT_TOOL(8) 														   DMEVENT_TOOL(8)

NAME
dmevent_tool - A utility used to load a DSO into dmeventd and (un)register devices with it for monitoring SYNOPSIS
dmevent_tool -[Vhmru] {RAID device name} {DSO Name} DESCRIPTION
dmevent_tool is a userspace utility used to register/unregister DSOs with the daemon dmeventd. If used with the -m command line parameter users can display all of the actively dmeventd monitored devices. OPTIONS
-V Show version of dmevent_tool -{h/?} Show this help information -m[r|u] List all currently active device mapper devices and their current status with dmeventd for registered (-r)/unregistered (-m) devices Syntax: dmevent_tool -m[u|r] -a[r|u] Same as -m, but for devices with UUID only! Syntax: dmevent_tool -a[u|r] -r Register a device with dmeventd Syntax: dmevent_tool -r <device name> <path to DSO library> Example: dmevent_tool -r isw_abcdeh_Volume0 libdmraid-events.so -u Unregister a device with dmeventd Syntax: dmevent_tool -u <device name> [<path to DSO library>] Example: dmevent_tool -u isw_abcdefgh_Volume0 EXAMPLES
dmevent_tool -m is used to display all of the actively monitored devices dmevent_tool -m Device Name: isw_defeaigdde_Volume0_dmraid00 Registered DSO: libdmraid-events.so UUID: isw_defeaigdde_Volume0_dmraid00 status: Active major device #: 253 minor device #: 0 read only device: No number of recorded kernel events: 0 SATA drives in this volume group: /dev/sdb /dev/sdc dmevent_tool -r is used to register a volume group device with dmeventd dmevent_tool -r isw_defeaigdde_Volume0_dmraid00 libdmraid-events.so dmevent_tool -u is used to unregister a volume group from dmeventd dmevent_tool -u isw_defeaigdde_Volume0_dmraid00 DIAGNOSTICS
dmevent_tool returns an exit code of 0 for success or 1 for error. AUTHOR
Brian Wood <brian.j.wood@intel.com> Brian Wood 1.0.0.rc3 DMEVENT_TOOL(8)