Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: automate scp faster
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting automate scp faster Post 302618305 by Ericyue on Tuesday 3rd of April 2012 11:23:05 PM
Old 04-04-2012
thanks for the quick reply ..

I am currently using cygwin in windows to run the script,

when i run the script, it give me error that

rsync: command not found

is there need to install any else program to make it run ?

and when i change the rsync in script and run in ubuntu machine, it gives error and the error is given below :

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(601) [sender=3.0.7]
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

thanks in advance for the reply Smilie

Last edited by Ericyue; 04-04-2012 at 12:31 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Mandrake should be faster.

For some reason 8.1 Mandrake Linux seems much slower than Windows 2000 with my cable modem. DSL reports test says they conferable speed with Windows2 though. This is consistant slow with both of my boxes, at the same time. Linux used to be faster, but not with Mandrake. Any way to fix this? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancest
17 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

faster way to loop?

Sample Log file IP.address Date&TimeStamp GET/POST URL ETC 123.45.67.89 MMDDYYYYHHMM GET myURL http://ABC.com 123.45.67.90 MMDDYYYYHHMM GET myURL http://XYZ.com I have a very huge web server log file (about 1.3GB) that contains entries like the one above. I need to get the last entries of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Faster then cp ?

Hi , I need to copy every day about 35GB of files from one file system to another. Im using the cp command and its toke me about 25 min. I also tried to use dd command but its toke much more. Is there better option ? Regards. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep faster ?

Hi I have to grep for 2000 strings in a file one after the other.Say the file name is Snxx.out which has these strings. I have to search for all the strings in the file Snxx.out one after the other. What is the fastest way to do it ?? Note:The current grep process is taking lot of time per... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which command will be faster? y?

i)wc -c/etc/passwd|awk'{print $1}' ii)ls -al/etc/passwd|awk'{print $5}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_g
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is RAID0 faster?

I have read anecdotes about people installing RAID0 (RAID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) on some of their machines because it gives a performance boost. Because bandwidth on the motherboard is limited, can someone explain exactly why it should be faster? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which system is faster?

i'm trying to decide if to move operations from one of these hosts to the other. but i cant decide which one of them is the most powerful. each host has 8 cpus. HOSTA processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 44 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate scp between servers

Hello, Could someone please help me with the below requirement? I need to automate scp files between two servers. I have a file having server names and paths to the folder like below server1 /path/to/folder/ server1 /path/to/folder/ server1 /path/to/folder/ server2 /path/to/folder/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kochappa
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
slack.conf(5)							File Formats Manual						     slack.conf(5)

NAME
slack.conf - configuration file for slack DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/slack.conf contains configuration information for slack(8) and its backends. It should contain one keyword-value pair per line, separated by an '=' sign. Keywords must consist solely of capital letters and underscores. Values may take any appropriate format, but must not begin with a space. Comments start with '#', and all text from the '#' to the end of a line is ignored. Trailing whitespace on lines is ignored. Empty lines or lines consisting of only whitespace and comments are ignored. Valid keywords are: SOURCE The master source for slack roles. It can be in one of four forms: o /path/to/dir Use a local directory. o somehost:/path/to/dir Use given directory on a remote host via rsync over SSH. o rsync://somehost/module Use module on a remote rsyncd server (directly over the network). o somehost::module Use the rsync daemon protocol over SSH to the given host. See "USING RSYNC-DAEMON FEATURES VIA A REMOTE-SHELL CONNECTION" in rsync(1) All forms of SOURCE are passed directly to rsync, so you can do things like add "user@" before the host on any remote forms. For more about what rsync can do, see its manual page, of course. For the last form, however, we do a little magic. rsync treats the last two forms equivalently, so we overload the last form by automatically passing "-e ssh" to rsync when we see it. This hack lets us tell slack to use this nice feature of rsync just using the SOURCE config option. ROOT The root filesystem into which to install slack roles. Usually '/'. ROLE_LIST The location of the role list, which lists the roles to be installed by default on each host. This can be a path relative to the source, or can be an entirely separate location if it starts with a slash or a hostname (option- ally preceeded by user@). CACHE A local cache directory, used as a local mirror of the SOURCE. STAGE A local staging directory, used as an intermediate stage when installing files. BACKUP_DIR A directory in which to keep dated backups for rollbacks. EXAMPLE
A typical file might look like this: # slack.conf configuration file SOURCE=slack-master:/slack # source is on a remote # host named "slack-master" ROLE_LIST=slack-master:/roles.conf ROOT=/ CACHE=/var/cache/slack STAGE=/var/lib/slack/stage BACKUP_DIR=/var/lib/slack/backups FILES
/etc/slack.conf SEE ALSO
slack(8), rsync(1) File formats 2005-05-23 slack.conf(5)