Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fetching a set of lines with start and end Post 302617995 by CarloM on Tuesday 3rd of April 2012 12:04:52 PM
Old 04-03-2012
To get shell variables into awk it's easiest to use -v.

Similar to:
Code:
while read srch
do
   awk -vval=$srch '$0 ~ val {print "start" $0 "end"}' RS='start|end' file.txt
done << input.txt >> output.txt

Last edited by CarloM; 04-03-2012 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: see below...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Complete dump from start to the end

Hi all... I was accidentally wipe off my iphone and lost all the data in it:(. So I tried to use dd to create an image from iphone and ssh to the Mac by using: dd if=/dev/disk | ssh user@MacIP of='image.img' Then I mount this image on Mac/Windows and run recovery software because most of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seraphc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching Month end using cal

Hi , Can someone please assist to get monthend using cal utility and monthend shouldn't be saturday or sunday. Cheers, gehlnar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regex using /START/../END/

I need help with perl code. I have a data file with lots of data example: data.txt file START DATA1 sjdfh kjhdf DATA2 sdkjfhk jds dshfgdf ... Around 20 - 30 lines END LDDDD awdkjasd a sdkahgdk jasdh SOME CRAP Some EMPTY lines etc START DATA1 sjdfh kjhdf DATA2 sdkjfhk jds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
2 Replies

4. Programming

Returning start/end indices

I have an array of distances and a len, for example len = 323 dist = I want to calculate the start and end index values around each distance in the array with a length of len from it. Values in dist are stored in ascending order. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the lines from logfile within start and end date

Hi guys, I am having the below logfile,date in yyyy-mm-dd 2013-08-02 *some content* 2013-08-02 *some content* 2013-08-02 *some content* 2013-08-03 *some content* 2013-08-05 *some content* from the above logfile i need to get the lines between the two timestamps,if i give... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find between lines start and end: awk with bash variables

I have a file as follows: 0 1056 85540 414329 774485 1208487 1657519 2102753 2561259 3037737 3458144 3993019 4417959 4809964 5261890 5798778 6254146 I want to find all lines between a specified start and end tag. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do delete certain lines alone which are matching with start and end string values in file?

Hi, In my previous post ( How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines? ), i have got a help to get the last select statement from a file, now i need to remove/exclude the output from main file: Input File format: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::EntryChange(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Net::LDAP::Control::EntryChange(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::EntryChange - LDAPv3 Entry Change Notification control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Control::PersistentSearch; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw(LDAP_CONTROL_ENTRYCHANGE); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $persist = Net::LDAP::Control::PersistentSearch->new( changeTypes => 15, changesOnly => 1, returnECs => 1 ); $srch = $ldap->search( base => "cn=People,dc=mydomain,dc=eg", filter => "(objectClass=person)", callback => &process_entry, # call for each entry control => [ $persist ] ); die "error: ",$srch->code(),": ",$srch->error() if ($srch->code()); sub process_entry { my $message = shift; my $entry = shift; my ($control) = $message->control(LDAP_CONTROL_ENTRYCHANGE); print $control->changeType()." ".$entry->dn()." "; } DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::EntryChange" provides an interface for the creation and manipulation of objects that represent the "EntryChangeNotification" control as described by draft-smith-psearch-ldap-03.txt. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
In addition to the constructor arguments described in Net::LDAP::Control the following are provided. changeType An integer value telling the type of LDAP operation that the entry has undergone. It is one of the following values (which represent the LDAP operations indicated next to them): 1 = add 2 = delete 4 = modify 8 = modDN previousDN When changeType is 8 (for modDN) this parameter tells the entry's DN before the modDN operation. In all other cases this value is not defined. changeNumber This is the change number according to <draft-good-ldap-changelog-03.txt> assigned by a server for the change. If a server supports an LDAP Change Log it should include this field. Usually you do not need to create a "Net::LDAP::Control::EntryChange" control yourself because it is provided by the server in response to an option with the "Net::LDAP::Control::PersistentSearch" control. METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control, Net::LDAP::Control::PersistentSearch AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de>, based on Net::LDAP::Control::Page from Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> and the preparatory work of Don Miller <donm@uidaho.edu>. Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-09-20 Net::LDAP::Control::EntryChange(3)