Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fetching a set of lines with start and end Post 302617839 by CarloM on Tuesday 3rd of April 2012 07:13:38 AM
Old 04-03-2012
Code:
awk  '/tea/ {print "start" $0 "end"}' RS='start|end' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Complete dump from start to the end

Hi all... I was accidentally wipe off my iphone and lost all the data in it:(. So I tried to use dd to create an image from iphone and ssh to the Mac by using: dd if=/dev/disk | ssh user@MacIP of='image.img' Then I mount this image on Mac/Windows and run recovery software because most of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seraphc
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching Month end using cal

Hi , Can someone please assist to get monthend using cal utility and monthend shouldn't be saturday or sunday. Cheers, gehlnar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regex using /START/../END/

I need help with perl code. I have a data file with lots of data example: data.txt file START DATA1 sjdfh kjhdf DATA2 sdkjfhk jds dshfgdf ... Around 20 - 30 lines END LDDDD awdkjasd a sdkahgdk jasdh SOME CRAP Some EMPTY lines etc START DATA1 sjdfh kjhdf DATA2 sdkjfhk jds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
2 Replies

4. Programming

Returning start/end indices

I have an array of distances and a len, for example len = 323 dist = I want to calculate the start and end index values around each distance in the array with a length of len from it. Values in dist are stored in ascending order. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the lines from logfile within start and end date

Hi guys, I am having the below logfile,date in yyyy-mm-dd 2013-08-02 *some content* 2013-08-02 *some content* 2013-08-02 *some content* 2013-08-03 *some content* 2013-08-05 *some content* from the above logfile i need to get the lines between the two timestamps,if i give... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find between lines start and end: awk with bash variables

I have a file as follows: 0 1056 85540 414329 774485 1208487 1657519 2102753 2561259 3037737 3458144 3993019 4417959 4809964 5261890 5798778 6254146 I want to find all lines between a specified start and end tag. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do delete certain lines alone which are matching with start and end string values in file?

Hi, In my previous post ( How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines? ), i have got a help to get the last select statement from a file, now i need to remove/exclude the output from main file: Input File format: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
DATEPERIOD.__CONSTRUCT(3)						 1						 DATEPERIOD.__CONSTRUCT(3)

DatePeriod::__construct - Creates a new DatePeriod object

SYNOPSIS
public DatePeriod::__construct (DateTimeInterface $start, DateInterval $interval, int $recurrences, [int $options]) DESCRIPTION
DatePeriod::__construct (DateTimeInterface $start, DateInterval $interval, DateTimeInterface $end, [int $options]) DatePeriod::__con- struct (string $isostr, [int $options]) Creates a new DatePeriod object. PARAMETERS
o $start - The start date of the period. o $interval - The interval between recurrences within the period. o $recurrences - The number of recurrences. o $end - The end date of the period. o $isostr - An ISO 8601 repeating interval specification. o $options - Can be set to DatePeriod::EXCLUDE_START_DATE to exclude the start date from the set of recurring dates within the period. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.5.8 | | | | | | | $end type changed to DateTimeImmutable. Previ- | | | ously, DateTime. | | | | | 5.5.0 | | | | | | | $start type changed to DateTimeImmutable. Previ- | | | ously, DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DatePeriod example <?php $start = new DateTime('2012-07-01'); $interval = new DateInterval('P7D'); $end = new DateTime('2012-07-31'); $recurrences = 4; $iso = 'R4/2012-07-01T00:00:00Z/P7D'; // All of these periods are equivalent. $period = new DatePeriod($start, $interval, $recurrences); $period = new DatePeriod($start, $interval, $end); $period = new DatePeriod($iso); // By iterating over the DatePeriod object, all of the // recurring dates within that period are printed. foreach ($period as $date) { echo $date->format('Y-m-d')." "; } ?> The above example will output: 2012-07-01 2012-07-08 2012-07-15 2012-07-22 2012-07-29 Example #2 DatePeriod example with DatePeriod::EXCLUDE_START_DATE <?php $start = new DateTime('2012-07-01'); $interval = new DateInterval('P7D'); $end = new DateTime('2012-07-31'); $period = new DatePeriod($start, $interval, $end, DatePeriod::EXCLUDE_START_DATE); // By iterating over the DatePeriod object, all of the // recurring dates within that period are printed. // Note that, in this case, 2012-07-01 is not printed. foreach ($period as $date) { echo $date->format('Y-m-d')." "; } ?> The above example will output: 2012-07-08 2012-07-15 2012-07-22 2012-07-29 PHP Documentation Group DATEPERIOD.__CONSTRUCT(3)