Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Users can't run w command
Operating Systems SCO Users can't run w command Post 302617323 by jgt on Monday 2nd of April 2012 12:56:44 PM
Old 04-02-2012
run "integrity -e" and fix all the permissions and ownership issues.
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program run with different results by different users

Hi, I wrote a ksh program on Unix. One thing I don't understand: some users run it with different results. I suspect it's either "cat" or "grep" command. Basically, with one group of user, the 'cat' or 'grep' command is not getting the data I need and that changed the result. Is the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Giving access to non root users to run application

Hi All, I have created an RPM installer and installed it via ROOT user & which works fine on Red Hat. But the problem oocurs when a non root users try to run that application (from their account), it never got executed (being it has the execute permission i.e. chmod a+x somefile.sh). I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list all commmands users can run on unix

Hi, I have an AIX server with sudo installed and working, but I want to do a script to list all permitted commands of all users.. is it possible? I tried with sudo -l -u $user but both options are not permitted. Any hint? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iga3725
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Allow multiple users to run several root commands

I am using SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 (i586) and I had earlier ammended my sudoers file to allow users to become root user with "sudo su - " command Now I am trying to add multiple users to the sudoers file to run several commands such as restarting the server, restarting the nagios... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

7. Red Hat

Restricting multiple users to run only sftp server

Hello, can someone please provide steps, can I restrict a multiple users to only access only sftp on a server, to perform upload and download of files on their home directories. 1. I have updated their login shell as /sbin/nologin. anything else do I need to update. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

9. AIX

How to use dsadm command to run command on multi lpars?

how to run a command, such as "ls -l core" from one lpar to check multi lpars if core file exist? or what way can do a command on all lpars from one lpar? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies
CHECKPC(8)							  checkpc command							CHECKPC(8)

NAME
checkpc - check out the printcap database SYNOPSIS
checkpc [ -aflprsV ] [ -Aage[DHMS] ] [ -Ddebugflags ] [ -Pprinter ] [ -t size[kM] ] DESCRIPTION
Checkpc is used to check for the existence and correct permissions of entries in the printcap database. It is useful when installing a new printcap database and cleaning up existing printer spoolers. -a Do not create accounting files (:af). -f The fix flag will cause the checkpc program create and fix various files and permissions. It does this in a simple minded manner, and the program may have to be run several times until all permissions are correct. It also reports in extremely verbose details its actions. -l Do not create log files (:lf). -p Print verbose printcap information. Useful if interested in the printcap values. -r remove junk or job files older than the age set by -A. You must set the age to a non-zero value otherwise no files are removed. -s Do not create filter status files (:ps). -A Age[DHMS] Report junk or job files older than age. The age time can have a suffix days (D) hours (H), minutes (M), or seconds (S); default is days. -D debugflags Run the program with debugging flags. See the LPRng HOWTO for details of the flags actions. -V Verbose mode. -P printer Process only the specified print queue. -t size[kM] Truncate log files (:lf) to the specified size in Kbytes or Mbytes (default is Mbytes). -T serial-line set process name and start feature test ANNOYING FEATURES
If the -f(fix) option is specified and you do not run this as root, it will complain, but attempt to carry out the operations. This will lead to a large number of failures reports if the ownership and/or permissions are incorrect. FILES
The files used by LPRng are set by values in the printer configuration file and by configuration options. The following are a commonly used set of default values. /etc/lprng/lpd.conf LPRng configuration file ${HOME}/.printcap user printer description file /etc/printcap printer description file /etc/lprng/lpd.perms permissions /var/run/lprng/lpd lock file for queue control /var/spool/lpd spool directories /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/control queue control /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/log trace or debug log file /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/acct accounting file /var/spool/lpd/QUEUE/status status file SEE ALSO
lpd.conf(5), lpc(8), lpd(8), lpr(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), printcap(5), lpd.perms(5), pr(1), lprng_certs(1), lprng_index_certs(1). AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>. DIAGNOSTICS
Most of the diagnostics are self explanatory. If you are puzzled over the exact cause of failure, set the debugging level on (-D5) and run again. The debugging information will help you to pinpoint the exact cause of failure. HISTORY
LPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng developer mailing list is lprng-devel@lists.sourceforge.net; subscribe by visiting https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lprng-devel or sending mail to lprng- request@lists.sourceforge.net with the word subscribe in the body. The software is available via http://lprng.sourceforge.net LPRng 2007-02-22 CHECKPC(8)