Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NIM SPOT query
Operating Systems AIX NIM SPOT query Post 302617253 by kah00na on Monday 2nd of April 2012 09:49:58 AM
Old 04-02-2012
Make sure your LPP_SOURCE is updated, then go through these steps:
Code:
smitty nim -->
Perform NIM Administration Tasks -->
Manage Resources -->
Perform Operations on Resources -->
Choose your spot -->
update_all -->
Source of Install Images --> Use "esc-3" to select your updated lpp_source
enter-->
enter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spot

does somebody know about SPOT ?? any link about SPOT commands ? i ve made a mistake during configuration, :mad: then i ve started the system in Maintenance mode the only shell was SPOT. :eek: SPOT doesn t understand anything.... how do i work with SPOT ? thanks in advance Karine... :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karine
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spot the difference

I posted earlier with a problem it's here, I have edited the script a little and it tells me once more that the end of line is unexpected and I'm really lost with this one, thanks for any help. The new version: #!/bin/sh case $# in 0) echo "Usage: enshar filename1 filename2 " >&2 ;;... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dim-Wit
20 Replies

3. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

4. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

6. AIX

Error with new NIM SPOT

I have added our DR to NIM server and tried to create bosinstall image with smitty nim_bosinst command. But ended up with below error. warning: 0042-229 m_bos_inst: When installing a system using a mksysb as the source for the installation, the level of the SPOT used for the ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone help me to spot my mistake?

Hi there can anyone help me to spot my mistake and please explain why it appears My code : #!/usr/bin/gawk -f BEGIN { bytes =0} { temp=$(grep "datafeed\.php" | cut -d" " -f8) bytes += temp} END { printf "Number of bytes: %d\n", bytes } when I am running ./q411 an411 an411: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
6 Replies

8. AIX

Creating NIM SPOT using an existing mksysb from cliet

Hi, i backed up a test LPAR using mksyb utility on AIX. and transferred it to NIM server via NFS. I want to create a SPOT using this mksysb . Please explain me the procedure. And got something online, but that procedure is different. Please respond. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies
CBTEST(1)						      Quick Database Manager							 CBTEST(1)

NAME
cbtest - test cases for QDBM Cabin SYNOPSIS
cbtest sort [-d] rnum cbtest strstr [-d] rnum cbtest list [-d] rnum cbtest map [-d] rnum cbtest wicked rnum cbtest misc DESCRIPTION
The command `cbtest' is a utility for facility test and performance test. Measure the execution time of the command. This command is used in the following format. `rnum' specifies the number of records. cbtest sort [-d] rnum Perform test of sorting algorithms. cbtest sort [-d] rnum Perform test of string locating algorithms. cbtest list [-d] rnum Perform writing test of list. cbtest map [-d] rnum Perform writing test of map. cbtest wicked rnum Perform updating operations of list and map selected at random. cbtest misc Perform test of miscellaneous routines. Options feature the following. -d : read and show data of the result. This command returns 0 on success, another on failure. SEE ALSO
qdbm(3), cabin(3) AUTHOR
QDBM was written by Mikio Hirabayashi <mikio@fallabs.com>. Man Page 2005-06-01 CBTEST(1)