Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem installing basemap
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem installing basemap Post 302616663 by davcra on Sunday 1st of April 2012 06:55:52 AM
Old 04-01-2012
Hi again,
I had already tried export but it didnt work (although echo $GEOS_DIR returned the correct path). I set it manually in the setup file and it seems to work, but it still couldnt find geos_c.h, so I moved the geos directory to /usr/lib which seems to have worked. However now I get a different error, when I try to build geos-3.2.0
I cd to the geos dir and

Code:
sudo ./configure --prefix=$GEOS_DIR

which seems to go ok. Then

Code:
sudo make; make install

but this gives the following,

Code:
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/lib/geos-3.2.0'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/geos-3.2.0'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../source/headers -I../../source/headers/geos -I../../source/headers     -g -O2 -DGEOS_INLINE  -pedantic -Wall -ansi -Wno-long-long  -ffloat-store -MT CoordinateSequenceFactory.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/CoordinateSequenceFactory.Tpo -c -o CoordinateSequenceFactory.lo CoordinateSequenceFactory.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../source/headers -I../../source/headers/geos -I../../source/headers -g -O2 -DGEOS_INLINE -pedantic -Wall -ansi -Wno-long-long -ffloat-store -MT CoordinateSequenceFactory.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/CoordinateSequenceFactory.Tpo -c CoordinateSequenceFactory.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/CoordinateSequenceFactory.o
cc1plus: error: /usr/local/include: Permission denied
make[3]: *** [CoordinateSequenceFactory.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/geos-3.2.0/source/geom'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/geos-3.2.0/source/geom'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/geos-3.2.0/source'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Anyone know whats happening????Smilie
thanks
D

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing openssh v2.9-p2

I am trying to install openssh v2.9-p2 on Solaris 8. I already installed zlib and openssl, as required in INSTALL file. But when I issue ./configure to configure openssh v2.9-p2 for my platform ( I got the sources), it stops in the folowing message: checking for OpenSSL directory... configure:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: htsubamoto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Installing (elite help please)

No unix/linux systems have worked on my computer Problem: I have SATA hard drive and every time i get the error which says 'YOU HAVE NO HARD DRIVE' wondering which i tried? http://www.linuxiso.org/ so if you have dealt with this before, please reply if you think you know then it might... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: GXDeMoNN
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help. I have a problem with installing FreeBSD

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
2 Replies

4. Solaris

problem installing pine

when i try to build pine unix tells me it can't find make # ./build xxx make args are CC=cc soc Including LDAP functionality ln: cannot create c-client: File exists ln: cannot create mtest: File exists ln: cannot create mailutil: File exists ln: cannot create imapd: File exists ln:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem installing gdbm

I'm trying to install gdbm on a MacPro running Leopard. But when I do the make install, I get this error: /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 -o root -g root gdbm.h \ /usr/include/gdbm.h install: root: Invalid argument make: *** Error 67 Any ideas? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shan Hollen
1 Replies

6. BSD

Problem with re-installing ports

Hello, I am fairly new at FreeBSD. I tried searching existing topics for a similar problem, but I found none :) I have a problem reinstalling apache22 which I had to remove in my troubleshooting with mysql. Since I've got MySQL working now (joy unbounded!) I now have the task of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
3 Replies

7. Solaris

problem while installing on X-86

Hi all, I tried to install Sun Solaris 10 on a X-86 based machine. I have dedicated entire diskspace to create auto partition. My hardware config is below: Main Board : Asus Processor : Intel 945 , 3 G/Hz RAM : 1 Gigs Diskspace : 80 Gigs When I install, installation goes successful.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

8. Fedora

newbie question and problem installing basemap

Hi, Bit of a newbie question first. I have fedora installed as a partition on a lenovo G570 laptop. When I type uname -a I get, Linux David 3.2.6-3.fc16.i686 #1 SMP Mon Feb 13 20:52:22 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux the man page tells me this is sysname = Linux nodename = David ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davcra
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Problem in installing mysql

Hi i am trying to install mysql rpm package on my linux machine but getting below error : warning: MySQL-embedded-5.5.28-1.rhel5.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5072e1f5 error: Failed dependencies: MySQL-devel is needed by MySQL-embedded-5.5.28-1.rhel5.i386 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem Installing Oracle 8i

System Model and Spec Sun Enterprise 420R Processor Speed: 450 MHz (4 processors) Installed RAM: 4 GB Os: Solaris 8 Sparc I successfully installed standard oracle 8i setup on our database server specs above but after installation was competed and it went to creating database I got the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
2 Replies
yum-list-data(1)														  yum-list-data(1)

NAME
yum list data plugin SYNOPSIS
yum [options] [command] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
This plugin extends yum for some commands that give aggregate package data based on lists of packages added yum commands are: * list-vendors * info-vendors * list-rpm-groups * info-rpm-groups * list-packagers * info-packagers * list-licenses * info-licenses * list-arches * info-arches * list-committers * info-committers * list-buildhosts * info-buildhosts * list-baseurls * info-baseurls * list-package-sizes * info-package-sizes * list-archive-sizes * info-archive-sizes * list-installed-sizes * info-installed-sizes * list-groups * info-groups all of which take the same arguments as the list and info yum commands. The difference between the list and info varieties is that the info versions lists all the packages under each aggregation. list-vendors, info-vendors Is used to list the aggregate of the vendor attribute on the packages, examples are "Fedora Project" and "Red Hat, Inc.". list-rpm-groups, info-rpm-groups Is used to list the aggregate of the group attribute on the packages, examples are "Applications/System", "Development/Tools" and "System Environment/Base" list-packagers, info-packagers Is used to list the aggregate of the packager attribute on the packages, examples are "Fedora Project" and "Red Hat, Inc.". list-licenses, info-licenses Is used to list the aggregate of the license attribute on the packages, examples are "GPL" and "MIT" list-arches, info-arches Is used to list the aggregate of the arch attribute on the packages, examples are "i386" and "x86_64" list-committers, info-committers Is used to list the aggregate of the committer attribute on the packages, this is taken from the most recent changelog entry of the package. list-buildhosts, info-buildhosts Is used to list the aggregate of the buildhost attribute on the packages, examples are "mybuilder.example.com" and "xen- builder1.fedora.redhat.com" list-baseurls, info-baseurls Is used to list the aggregate of the url attribute on the packages after discarding the path of the URL, examples are "http://yum.baseurl.org/" and "http://www.and.org/" list-package-sizes, info-package-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the packagesize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-archive-sizes, info-archive-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the archivesize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-installed-sizes, info-installed-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the installedsize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-groups, info-groups Is used to list the aggregate of the yum groups that the packages are in, examples are in "yum grouplist". Note that in yum groups a package can be in more than one group at a time. It is worth noting that some of the above data can be "unknown", to yum, at which point a separate aggregation called "-- Unknown --" is listed. EXAMPLES
To list all the groups that have an update, along with the number of packages in each group, use: yum list-rpm-groups updates To list all the committers to packages that have yum in their name, use: yum list-committers 'yum*' To list ranges of the sizes of packages installed or available, use: yum list-package-sizes To list yum groups that have an update, use: yum list-groups SEE ALSO
yum-filter-data (1) yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. James Antill 04 February 2008 yum-list-data(1)