Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Powershell Script Help
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Powershell Script Help Post 302615967 by freedavis on Friday 30th of March 2012 10:03:50 AM
Old 03-30-2012
Powershell Script Help

Need some help getting this script to work. can someone help. I am trying to create a script that moves log files to another location and only keeps 60 days worth. please see script I started but having issue getting to work..

Code:
$TODAY=GET-DATE
GET-CHILDITEM C:\test\*.LOG | Where { $_.LastWriteTime.AddDays(31) -lt $TODAY } | MOVE-ITEM C:\Logfiles\Archive
GET-CHILDITEM F:\test\*.LOG | Where { $_.LastWriteTime.AddDays(31) -lt $TODAY } | MOVE-ITEM C:\Logfiles\Archive
GET-CHILDITEM E:\test\*.LOG | Where { $_.LastWriteTime.AddDays(31) -lt $TODAY } | MOVE-ITEM C:\Logfiles\Archive

Last edited by methyl; 03-30-2012 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: please use code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help with PowerShell

I am very not knowledgeable with regards to Windows, and even more so with PowerShell, but I'm hoping someone can help me with what should be a fairly simple script. Remove all local accounts matching a given regular expression It seems like I'd need the following combined... Somehow... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To find a value in atext file using powershell

Hi All, i have a VB script which help me in downloading the text file(mail attachment) to my local drive from outlook.i want to check some values in the text file. for ex A date1 count count miss 2/25/2014 42 42 0 B date2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - cygwin (powershell?) pull from GitHub API Parse JSON

All, Have a weird issue where i need to generate a report from GitHub monthly detailing user accounts and the last time they logged in. I'm using a windows box to do this (work issued) and would like to know if anyone has any experience scripting for GitAPI using windows / cygwin / powershell?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
9 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Powershell + office 365

Hello ! I am looking for powershell guys. I have lot of office365 users ,and i need add/remove calendar items from powershell. my users have multiple calendars. how can i select calendar ,and how can i add / remove item to selected calendar. PS C:\appl\o365calendar> get-mailboxfolder... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoldkovacs
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Powershell script to monitor windows process

Hello Friend, I am not expert in power shell scripting. I nee custom powershell script which check if given process is running on windows machine or not. will use it in nagios to monitor that process. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute powershell script with UNIX

Hi I have a powershell script which is checking whether a windows service is running (as shown below) function FuncCheckService { $ServiceName = 'pgsql-9.2' $arrService = Get-Service -Name $ServiceName if ($arrService.Status -eq 'Running') { Write-Output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running Powershell Script from Linux through Cygwin

Hello Experts, I am creating a run time powershell script on Linux machine and copying that powershell script to Windows machine. To connect to windows through "ssh", I am using Cygwin tool. To make the connection password less I copied my public in authorized_keys in windows Administrator... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

powershell script to unix shell script conversion.

Here is a powershell script to use restful API to create ticket in our ticketing tool. Can anyone please convert it to a shell script sothat, I can run it in Unix servers, below is the code: $body = @{ Customer= ''test' Summary= 'test summary' Impact= '4-Minor/Localized' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeybhavesh18
2 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors [-s min_timestamp] doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors [-s min_timestamp] The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. -s min_timestamp An integer value, representing seconds since the epoch - also known as Unix timestamp. When a min_timestamp was given, doveadm(1) will only show errors occurred since that point in time. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-11-24 DOVEADM-LOG(1)