Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris M5000 XSCF Console disconnecting when putty session is closed Post 302615849 by giles.cardew on Friday 30th of March 2012 08:04:02 AM
Old 03-30-2012
putty over SSH directly to the XSCF then type console -d0 to get to the domain

---------- Post updated at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:48 AM ----------

nohup is not an option (see original post), hence the reason for using the console

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disconnecting a telnet session

How can I disconnect an existing telnet session? The host is a serial port server with multiple ports. The users login using the host's name and a port, i.e. telnet host01 1235. Thanks. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooldude
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Putty session

Dear all, We have a practice of getting user's passwords expired after 60 days and a strong password policy. When a user tries to enter a password which is not compliant to the policy which is set putty exists without giving any feedback to the user. Below is something i captured from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
3 Replies

3. Solaris

M5000 servers - XSCF functions

Hi all A couple of new M5000 servers will be arriving soon and I need to work out how to configure the underlying domains. It will come with 4 x CPUS, 32 Gb of memory, 4 x HD, 2 x IOtrays. Reading the XSCF manual, I can configure the item into 2 domains, something about uni / quad xsb.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
9 Replies

4. AIX

Session never expired If i closed client prompt

Hi, I need a solution. I am using Putty/CRT to login in a AIX server from my windows machine. When i closed my putty/CRT prompt from windows client, server session is expire. Ex. I have run a script to take RMAN backup from PUTTY/CRT command window, After closing command window RMAN backup... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Difference between the desktop session and console session

what is the difference between desktop session and console session in solaris as i am wondering we use option -text for the former and -nowin for the later (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishanreddy
1 Replies

6. Solaris

XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000

Hi, I've got an issue here: After I logon to the xscf prompt of this Sun M5000 and did 'XSCF> version -c xcp', the xscf prompt disappeared. I can't get it back and can't log out. exit rebootxscf logout #. #> #> ~# ~# exit sendbreak exit I tried to set the Mode Switch to the service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun M5000, xscf showdevices questions

Hi, I've configured this Sun M5000 to use two system domains (added a second domain to it). The following is the info about the settings. The showdevices command can't show devices on domain 1 because Solaris is not loaded on it yet. My question: How can I confirm the hardware devices such as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Mounting USB in XSCF on M5000

Trying to update my M5000 firmware. trying to mount my USB to upload firmware and getting the following message. XSCF> getflashimage -v file:///media/usb_msd/FFXCP1115.tar.gz Free space: 97MB Making sure mount point is clear umount: /media/usb_msd is not mounted (according to mtab) Trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

9. Solaris

M5000 XSCF upgrade, query about OBP

Hi, I'm planning to upgrade the XSCF firmware on an M5000, and have a question regarding the OBP part of the upgrade. At the moment, the system looks like this: XCP0 (Current): 1100 OpenBoot PROM : 02.18.0000 XSCF : 01.10.0000 root@server01 # /usr/sbin/prtconf -V OBP 4.24.15... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

M5000 Xscf

I took over an M5000 and have a jumper server with a nic to connect to the console IP of an M5000. access via ssh user@ip. it was working fine, another person can connect remotely on the subnet, but when I ssh,it just hangs and then times out. so my question is, any ideas of what I might... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies
ITECONFIG(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      ITECONFIG(8)

NAME
iteconfig -- modify console attributes at run time SYNOPSIS
iteconfig [-i] [-f file] [-v volume] [-p pitch] [-t msec] [-w width] [-h height] [-d depth] [-x offset] [-y offset] [color ...] DESCRIPTION
iteconfig is used to modify or examine the attributes of the console bell and bitmapped console display. The console bell's volume, pitch, and count may be specified, as well as the bitmapped display's width, height, horizontal and vertical offset, pixel depth, and color map. The following flags are interpreted by iteconfig: -i After processing all other arguments, print information about the console's state. -f Open and use the terminal named by file rather than the default console /dev/ttye0. -v Set the volume of the console bell to volume, which must be between 0 and 63, inclusive. -p Set the pitch of the console bell to pitch, which must be between 10 and 1399. -t Set the duration of the beep to msec milliseconds which must be between 1 and 5000 (5 seconds). -w Set the width of the console display to width pixel columns. Width must be a positive integer. -h Set the height of the console display to height pixel rows. Height must be a positive integer. -d Set the number of bitplanes the console view should use to depth. For example, if depth is 3 then 8 colors will be used. -x Set the horizontal offset of the console view on the monitor to offset pixel columns. The horizontal offset may be a positive or a negative integer, positive being an offset to the right, negative to the left. -y Set the vertical offset of the console view on the monitor to offset pixel rows. The vertical offset may be a positive or a negative integer, positive being an offset down, negative up. Any additional arguments will be interpreted as colors and will be used to supply the color values for the console view's color map, starting with the first entry in the map. (See the COLOR SPECIFICATION section of this manual page for information on how to specify colors.) If more colors are supplied than are usable by the console view, a warning is printed and the extra colors are ignored. COLOR SPECIFICATION
Colors are hexadecimal numbers which have one of the following formats: 0xRRGGBB RR, GG, and BB are taken to be eight-bit values specifying the intensities of the red, green and blue components, respectively, of the color to be used. For example, 0xff0000 is bright red, 0xffffff is white, and 0x008080 is dark cyan. 0xGG GG is taken to be an eight-bit value specifying the intensity of grey to be used. A value of 0x00 is black, a value of 0xff is white, and a value of 0x80 is a grey approximately half way in between. 0xM M is taken to be the one-bit monochrome value to be used. A value of 0x1 is black, and a value of 0x0 is white. BUGS
The iteconfig command is only available on the amiga and atari ports. BSD
February 3, 1994 BSD