Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with syntax error on line 1, teletype Post 302615433 by vbe on Thursday 29th of March 2012 12:57:54 PM
Old 03-29-2012
The syntax error is in relation with bc -l ...
If you had searched a bit in this forum, you would have found e.g.
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...-teletype.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi There, I have a cron script that returns the error: syntax error on line 1, teletype Has any one seen this, know what it is, or know's how to get rid of it? Thanks, Jeremy. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KokoPops
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I got error like...syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi All, when i executing scripts i got error like: syntax error on line 1, teletype expr: syntax error expr: syntax error expr: syntax error Please advise to me. Note: Yesterday it's working fine, 2day only i got error. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error at line 11 : `for' is not matched.

hi , while running this script i am getting below error: Syntax error at line 11 : `for' is not matched. here is program: #! /bin/ksh sqlplus -s << !+! user/password update GR_SUB_SCRIPT_PC set act_del_ind='0'; commit; exit; !+! cd /home/salunke/pvcsfiles/source_files for i in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digambar
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh[18]: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected.

Help please! :confused: I have the following error with the following file and the emails are not arriving to the email, any idea please? ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected. FECHA=`date +%d%m%y%H%M`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villenan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile: syntax error at line 1

I am able to 'Make' some of projects's modules using GNU's make except one where it throws me the following error gmake -f Makefile /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `if' unexpected gmake: *** Error 2 I am sure it has nothing to do with the Makefile as there is no 'if' in the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudsa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

./1.sh: Syntax error at line 1 : `<<' is not matched.

function user { sqlplus primeit@$ORACLE_SID/primeit <<EOF select user_name from test; EOF } function gen { genpwdfile dec -in $1 -out $2 echo $1 echo $2 } function reset { sqlplus primeit@$ORACLE_SID/primeit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error Problem

Hi Below script is throwing an error: repos=root filename=/home/admin/Desktop/authz case $repos in root) root_folder="\" do sed "/$root_folder/a $username = $access" $filename done ;; esac exit 0 Error: ./new1.sh: line 77: syntax error near unexpected token `do' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expr: non-numeric argument syntax error on line 1, teletype

Hi, I tried to look up the issue i'm experiencing, but i'm confused what's wrong with my script. After executing the script I'm getting the following error expr: non-numeric argument syntax error on line 1, teletype After some research, it seems that the problem relates to bc. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)