Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH script Not working (calculate days since 1/1/2000 given day 4444) Post 302614781 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 09:42:34 PM
Old 03-28-2012
Umm, I have Version M-12/28/93e and I get:

Code:
$ printf "%T\n" now
ksh93: printf: T: unknown format specifier

So I'm guessing you need a later version for this feature.

Your probably going to have to resort to perl for this sort of thing, eg from_epoch.pl:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Time::Local;
use POSIX qw(strftime);
print POSIX::strftime("%d %b %Y\n", localtime(timelocal(0,0,0,1,0,2000) + $ARGV[0]*24*3600));

Code:
$ ./from_epoch.pl 4444
02 Mar 2012

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 03-28-2012 at 11:05 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set Working day in ksh

Hello guys it´s a pleasure to type with the unix community...I´m new in shell script and I need to insert into a #!/ksh a statment that will check if a file that I´ll receive from another script is arriving in the first working day of each month: let´s say that I´ll reveive the following files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script using expr to calculate percentages

Within a ksh script on HP-UX I trying to calculate a percentage of a number (number/100 x percentage) using the below method and expr. TARPERC=`expr 16 / 100 \* 5` TARSUM=`expr 16 + $TARPERC` ZIPSUM=`expr $TARSUM \* 2` If the input is 16 outputs are: TARPERC: 0 TARSUM: 16 ZIPSUM: 32... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wurzul
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate server uptime in % (99.98), using ksh script

Let me preface by saying, I have looked through many threads that deal with keep the decimal, however I'm not sure that any one resolution meets my needs, ok, ok, they could. So maybe it's just that I am not understanding the resolution - therefore I am posting a new thread. myknowledgebase=at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cml2008
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to calculate user's last login to check if > 90 days

I need a script to figure out if a user's last login was 90 days or older. OS=AIX 5.3, shell=Korn Here's what I have so far: ==== #!/usr/bin/ksh NOW=`lsuser -a time_last_login root | awk -F= '{ print $2 }'` (( LAST_LOGIN_TIME = 0 )) (( DIFF = $NOW - $LAST_LOGIN_TIME )) lsuser -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate 30/31 days from today date script

Hi Guys, I was working some time ago n was in need to calculate date 30/31 days from today including Feb (Leap yr stuff). Today date is variable depending on day of execution of script. I tried searching but was not able to get exactly what I needed....So at that I time I implemented by my own... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolgoose85
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the calendar date since Jan 1, 2000

Does anyone know how to calculate a calendar date since Jan 1, 2000 (this is day 1). I am using CSH with a Solaris system (no GNU products installed). Example: Input from the user (number of days): 4444 Output (dd mmm yy) 02 mar 12 ---------- Post updated at 09:40 PM ----------... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the number of days between 2 dates - bash script

I wrote the day calculator also in bash. I would like to now, that is it good so? #!/bin/bash datum1=`date -d "1991/1/1" "+%s"` datum2=`date "+%s"` diff=$(($datum2-$datum1)) days=$(($diff/(60*60*24))) echo $days Thanks in advance for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kovacsakos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working out days of the week and processing file in 3 working days

Hi guys i need advice on the approach to this one...... I have a file say called Thisfile.20130524.txt i need to work out from the date 20130524 what day of the week that was and then process the file in 3 working days. (so not counting saturday or sunday....(will not worry about bank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twinion
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in ksh Script to list files older than 365 days from specified directories

Requirement is to list the files older than 365 days from multiple directories and delete them and log the list of files which are deleted to a log file. so 1 script should only list files older than 365 days for each directory separately to a folder The other script should read these files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
7 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD