Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Authentication Failed Dialog Box on Redhat 4.7 Post 302614491 by admin_xor on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 02:24:34 PM
Old 03-28-2012
Sure, here you go:

1. Pop the CD into your drive and mount it:
Code:
mount -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /mnt

2. cd into the /mnt directory and find the PAM RPM package:
Code:
cd /mnt; find ./ -name "pam*.rpm" -print

3. Once you get the RPM, cd to that directory and install it:
Code:
cd /mnt/path/to/package
rpm -ivh pam*.rpm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a dialog box using terminal commands

Hello, I used the command osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to display dialog "Hey!"' to display a dialog box..it works fine, it displays a dialog box with 'OK' and 'CANCEL' buttons..i want to get the button returned value how can i do that using terminal command? is there any command to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keshav.murthy@r
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pop up dialog box on remote computers

I need to send out messages to over 100 clients in my sector. I want it to pop up a dialog box letting them know to save work and log out. I have the reboot script created just need the warning please. Thanks (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
35 Replies

3. Red Hat

Authentication failed !

Hey since this morning I(nonrrot user) am not able to log into my system with my username. I am using redhat linux kernel release 2.6.9-5.ELsmp. I aslo found the folowing output for chkconfig command: # chkconfig --list|grep ldap ldap 0: off 1: off 2: off 3: off 4: off 5: off... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
5 Replies

4. Debian

Dialog box in debconf file.

Hi all, I am working with debconf file for packaging the projects. I have used the ". /usr/share/debconf/confmodule" file to do the packaging in debian standard. It worked fine. When ever I am installing the package in apt-get the dialogs are come as I mentioned in the templates file.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nila
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to display a dialog box every 5 seconds

I want to create a script that displays a dialog box every interval of time and exits that loop when a user presses ENTER Any idies? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitlib
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create multiple input box in same window using dialog

Hi All, I was trying to generate GUI using shell script. After long search I found the utility called “dialog”. Using this utility I am able to generate window to collect the input. dialog --inputbox "Input 1" 10 45 dialog --inputbox "Input 2" 10 45 dialog --inputbox "Input 3" 10 45 Using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dialog box

I know, I can run dialog command in my machine. But what I want to do is I wanna show the dialog box to some other Remote host. I connected to the remote system and used dialog command its shows the box in my terminal only. How can I display to that remote machine?? Any suggestions??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog box in korn shell scripting

Does dialog box works on all kind of shells? I am using korn shell in Linux . For me dialog is not working :) is there any particular syntax or do we need to have particular OS version or shell env? #!/bin/ksh dialog --title "create file" \ --backtitle "shell script practice" \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to access redhat Linux box graphically from windows box?

Hi I have a linux box and need to access from windows graphically # uname -a Linux pc-l416116 2.6.18-155.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jun 19 17:06:47 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux What components do I need to install on Linux and windows to do that? TIA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require input in bash dialog box

Hello. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now I have the following input box that works fine and well, however I would like to wrap this is a loop that requires input. Right now the script will happily continue on if the user just hits enter. I'd like to require a minimum of a 5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
5 Replies
PMDARPM(1)						      General Commands Manual							PMDARPM(1)

NAME
pmdarpm - RPM packages performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/pmdarpm [-C] [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-r path] [-U username] DESCRIPTION
pmdarpm is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics reflecting the state of the RPM package database managed by rpm(1). The rpm PMDA exports metrics that describe each package installed on a system, as well as some cumulative totals. When the RPM database changes the PMDA automatically detects this and uses a background thread to asynchronously refresh its values. A brief description of the pmdarpm command line options follows: -C Verify the package iteration code by scanning the RPM database once, then exiting. Only useful for problem diagnosis and testing. -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named rpm.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdarpm is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -r Specify an alternate path to the RPM database (default is /var/lib/rpm/Packages). -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the rpm performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm # ./Remove pmdarpm is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdarpm $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/help default help text file for the rpm metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/Install installation script for the pmdarpm agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rpm/Remove undo installation script for the pmdarpm agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/rpm.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdarpm PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
PCPIntro(1), pmcd(1), pcp.conf(5) and pcp.env(5). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDARPM(1)