Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Substitution mid pattern?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Substitution mid pattern? Post 302614141 by arun.ijhs.klm on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 09:35:32 AM
Old 03-28-2012
Try using sed

Search man pages for sed.

Code:

newvar=`echo ${var} | sed 's/\_/\\n/g'`

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie: How do I get variables mid program

I'm writing a simple program in unix and was wondering how mid switch I can run a program and get someone to enter variables for it i.e.: #!/bin/csh -f echo "If you wish to do v press v" echo "If you wish to compile press c" echo "If you wish to add an entry press a" echo "If you wish to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RichardB
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi/vim : complex pattern substitution

I use vim. I have a lot of SQL queries to write, and am hoping there is some wild command I can use in vim to make this simpler. From a file that is a list of fields, like the excerpt, for example: orderdetail.ccntyfips orderdetail.citemord orderdetail.coffdetid I want to go to this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c444l
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match and substitution, can you help?

pattern match and substitution, can you help? file named test.txt I want to replace all the words Event with the word Fatal in all lines containing the word ERR - but I also want to keep the output of the other lines not matching ERR Test.txt: Event 13 INF egegegege Event 14 INF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:string substitution Pattern: ='abc...',

Hi friends, I want to substitute "a ='....'," with ":" in everywhere in a string using Perl. Details: ---------- my $str= " c1='fgfasfgasggfgff.,akhkhahha', c2='bbbn', c3='hg5 sh' "; Required o/p: $str= " c1:c2:c3 " I tried as below: $str=~ s/=\'.*\',/:/g ; print "str=... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niroj
14 Replies

5. Web Development

every hour and 24hour mid night cron job

I have 2 pages writing in php, and i want cron job to run the first page 'every hour' and the second page every '24hours in other words mid night'. am using cPanel i put this code on a text file 0 * * * * /home/axe/public_html/admin/viewmemstat.php 1>/dev/null 2>&1 and on the 'Command... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: francis123
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern substitution issue?

Hello everyone ... I'm going crazy, I hope some of you can help me ... I have to replace a line in a crontab like this: 5 2 * * 2 root backupdat with this: 5 5 * * 3 root backupdat the command I use is the following: sed -i.bak -e 's/5 2 * * 2 root backupdat/5 5 * * 3 root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ionral
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to stop debug in the mid of process?

Hi Gurus, I am debugging a script. it loops filelist. since the list a very long. when debugging, I only can see the last a few lines. is there any way to stop debuger in the mid of process. the command I used for debugging is: ksh -x scriptName Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - pattern match - apply substitution

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX and in process of creating a re-startable script that connects to Oracle and executes the statements. The sample contents of the file1 is CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW DB_V.TAB1 AS SELECT * FROM DB_T.TAB1; .... CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW DB_V.TAB10 AS SELECT * FROM... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command fails mid-way during execution

I wish to search for a particular string say "Yellow_Colors" in all files in all folders in the current directory. Below is the command I use: find ./ -type f | xargs grep -i "Yello_Colors"However, my command does not traverse all files and folders and errors out mid-way with the below error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)