Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Posting Multiple Files using cURL Post 302613973 by MarkPaxo on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 05:31:26 AM
Old 03-28-2012
Thanks for your reply.

I have taken a look and had a go at this, but unfortunately the files which I need to send must keep their original file name as they are order numbers.

Is it possible to create a script that will run my command for each file in the folder, changing the file name in the command each time?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Posting data to a form using curl

Hello all. I have an incredible number of servers that I need to change a parameter on using a web interface. I'd like to be able to do this via curl, but I'm having some trouble. I filled out the form and hit update while snooping (tcpdump) my interface. That gave the the following as what is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Upload/download files using cURL

hi please help me out here, i want to use curl command in shell script to test web pages, what i have is an opening page, when i click on a button on opening page, the next page comes up and then i have to upload a file n then click another button to submit and then comes the output page,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with using curl to download files from https

Hi I'm trying to download an xml file from a https server using curl on a Linux machine with Ubuntu 10.4.2 I am able to connect to the remote server with my username and password but the output is only "Virtual user <username> logged in". I am expecting to download the xml file. My output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: henryN
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp ssl download files

Hello all, I have been struggling with this issue on and off for a couple of weeks now and I just got it all working, so I wanted to share my findings in case some other poor soul needs to know how. First some background on what I'm doing. I am uploading files to different directories based on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjkadams
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to download files matching pattern from FTP using CURL or WGET?

Hi, For an order I requested, the provider has uploaded a tar file in public FTP site which internally has tons of files (compressed) and I need to download files that follows particular pattern which would be few hundreds. Note: The order can't be requested for files that follows the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amalan
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl command to download multiple files with a file prefix

I am using the below curl command to download a single file from client server and it is working as expected curl --ftp-ssl -k -u ${USER}:${PASSWD} ftp://${HOST}:${PORT}/path/to/${FILE} --output ${DEST}/${FILE} let say the client has 3 files hellofile.101, hellofile.102, hellofile.103 and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r@v!7*7@
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to curl multiple ips to ipinfo.io

I am rather new to shell scripting and currently taking a linux course. Im having some troubles writing a loop to curl multiple ips in mutiple access logs to the site ipinfo.io and push the output to a text file for easy viewing and removing duplicates. So far i have these simple lines cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjcraig77
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl - upload multiple attachment arrays to server webpage

The html page of the form data is as below <form name="uploadform" id="uploadform" action="htmlupload.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post"> <table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%" align="center"> <tr> <td class="tcat"> Upload Files ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaango123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check status of long running multiple curl commands in shell script

I am working on script. it reads a file which contains multiple lines Ex; curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent --output /dev/null http://hostname:port/input=1 curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent --output /dev/null http://hostname:port/input=2 curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
2 Replies
CURLOPT_POST(3) 					     curl_easy_setopt options						   CURLOPT_POST(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_POST - request a HTTP POST SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_POST, long post); DESCRIPTION
A parameter set to 1 tells libcurl to do a regular HTTP post. This will also make the library use a "Content-Type: application/x-www-form- urlencoded" header. (This is by far the most commonly used POST method). Use one of CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3) or CURLOPT_COPYPOSTFIELDS(3) options to specify what data to post and CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3) or CUR- LOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3) to set the data size. Optionally, you can provide data to POST using the CURLOPT_READFUNCTION(3) and CURLOPT_READDATA(3) options but then you must make sure to not set CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3) to anything but NULL. When providing data with a callback, you must transmit it using chunked transfer-encod- ing or you must set the size of the data with the CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3) or CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3) options. To enable chunked encoding, you simply pass in the appropriate Transfer-Encoding header, see the post-callback.c example. You can override the default POST Content-Type: header by setting your own with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3). Using POST with HTTP 1.1 implies the use of a "Expect: 100-continue" header. You can disable this header with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3) as usual. If you use POST to a HTTP 1.1 server, you can send data without knowing the size before starting the POST if you use chunked encoding. You enable this by adding a header like "Transfer-Encoding: chunked" with CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER(3). With HTTP 1.0 or without chunked transfer, you must specify the size in the request. When setting CURLOPT_POST(3) to 1, it will automatically set CURLOPT_NOBODY(3) to 0. If you issue a POST request and then want to make a HEAD or GET using the same re-used handle, you must explicitly set the new request type using CURLOPT_NOBODY(3) or CURLOPT_HTTPGET(3) or similar. DEFAULT
0, disabled PROTOCOLS
HTTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Along with HTTP RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if HTTP is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3), CURLOPT_HTTPPOST(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_POST(3)