Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Help on extracting the numbers out of top command Post 302612581 by ejianu on Monday 26th of March 2012 07:02:12 AM
Old 03-26-2012
Ideally output should be like below, but I could deal with time once I have it in comma separated format.

Forgot to mention ksh is the shell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need top 3 numbers

Hi Every one I have a text file which is having a might be 100,000 record but i only need a maximum top 3 numbers and its phone number . please see below the samle file usa,asasas,ssss,asasasasas,9005451,10000,ikiikkk uk,asasas,ssss,asasasasas,9005452,110000,ikiikkk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting numbers from strings

Hello all, I am being dumb with this and I know there is a simple solution. I have a file with the follwing lines bc stuff (more)...............123 bc stuffagain (moretoo)............0 bc stuffyetagain (morehere)......34 failed L3 thing..............1 failed this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gobi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error extracting 1 or more numbers with expr command

Need help with the following, I want to extract the digits from the following file pattern using the expr command. digits are in the range 1-99 Tried two different methods, not sure what I am doing wrong. file1=file1.dbf file10=file10.dbf Works for expr "$file10" : '.*\(\)' 10 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fire!
2 Replies

4. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting numbers and multipling

Hi All, I have searched the forum but couldn't find exactly what I need. Hopefully someone may be able to help. I'm trying to put a script together that will extract numbers from a text file and multiply them by, for example 1.5 or 1.2 Sample file looks like this...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: speedfreak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting numbers from a string

Hello Everyone, i have quick question. I have file names like: bin_map300.asc and I would like to extract grid300. My approach so far: name=bin_map300.asc echo ${name%%.*} echo ${name##*_} I am stuck combining the two. Any help would be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: creamcheese
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting formatted text and numbers

Hello, I have a file of text and numbers from which I want to extract certain fields and write it to a new file. I would use awk but unfortunately the input data isn't always formatted into the correct columns. I am using tcsh. For example, given the following data I want to extract: and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DFr0st
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting numbers from a String

Hi all, I'm a new programmer to shell script... and I have no idea how to use substring. I want to extract the numbers from the following string and place it into a variable: "170 unique conformations found" The numbers can be more than three digits depending on the case. I just want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ah7391
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting numbers

Hi I am part of a academic organization and I want to send a fax to the students however there must be a quicker way to get the fax numbers extracted from the online forms they sent me. The file looks like this (numbers are fake in order to protect identity): Biochemistry Major Michael... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed extracting numbers

I have number 192.168.21.8. I want to extract from this number with sed 21 and 8 to variables a and b. Any Ideas? I did like 's/\(192.168.\)/ /' but its wrong :( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
6 Replies
UPTIME(1)							   User Commands							 UPTIME(1)

NAME
uptime - Tell how long the system has been running. SYNOPSIS
uptime [options] DESCRIPTION
uptime gives a one line display of the following information. The current time, how long the system has been running, how many users are currently logged on, and the system load averages for the past 1, 5, and 15 minutes. This is the same information contained in the header line displayed by w(1). System load averages is the average number of processes that are either in a runnable or uninterruptable state. A process in a runnable state is either using the CPU or waiting to use the CPU. A process in uninterruptable state is waiting for some I/O access, eg waiting for disk. The averages are taken over the three time intervals. Load averages are not normalized for the number of CPUs in a system, so a load average of 1 means a single CPU system is loaded all the time while on a 4 CPU system it means it was idle 75% of the time. OPTIONS
-p, --pretty show uptime in pretty format -h, --help display this help text -s, --since system up since, in yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS format -V, --version display version information and exit FILES
/var/run/utmp information about who is currently logged on /proc process information AUTHORS
uptime was written by Larry Greenfield <greenfie@gauss.rutgers.edu> and Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm@sunsite.unc.edu> SEE ALSO
ps(1), top(1), utmp(5), w(1) REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to <procps@freelists.org> procps-ng December 2012 UPTIME(1)