Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arthmetic & Operations Using AWK Post 302612351 by agama on Sunday 25th of March 2012 06:01:35 PM
Old 03-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapcher
How would I isolate for just say one project?
Code:
awk -F ":" -v project="${1:-1}" ' $2 == project { hours += $3; } END { printf( "total hours for project %d: %.2f\n", project, hours ); }' input-file

Assumes this is running as in a script where the first parameter is the project number. Sums the hours (column 3) for the indicated project and prints the total at the end.
This User Gave Thanks to agama For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Version && nextfile

How can I find which version of Awk is installed? OpSystem is HPUX 11.x I am getting an error when trying to use the keyword nextfile and I dont know why! (Well, I can only assume that I have am using a version of Awk that does not support nextfile. However, according to O'Reilly, nextfile is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and &&

Hi I need to make some checks inside an awk statement, but cannot come up with the the syntax for several checks under one awk statement, for example: grep -w ${bits} mydata | awk '{if ($3==1)&&($4==3)&&($5==1) print }' awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: illegal statement near line 1 In... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With Array Operations in AWK

I have two files file1 A 2 4 6 8 B 1 3 5 7 C 1 3 5 7 D 1 3 5 7 E 1 3 5 7 file2 C D E F G H I J K L I need to add field 1 of file1 to both field 2s of file2 and repeat the same on all the rows in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command: column operations

I have a txt file with two columns Freq Loss 10 30 20 40 30 10 40 50 50 60i have used the below code to get the minimum value out of this array in second cloumn. awk 'NR==N{min=$N;max=$N}NR>N{if ($N>max){max=$N};if ($N<min){min=$N}}END {print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH handle mathematical operations and do a Search & Replace?

Hello, I have a bunch of xml file that needs to have edits made and I was wondering if a BASH script could handle it. I would like the script to look within my xml files and replace all integers greater than 5px with a value that is 25% smaller. For example, 100px = 75px. Since the integers... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - sed / reading from a data file and doing algebraic operations

Hi everyone, I am trying to write a bash script which reads a data file and does some algebraic operations. here is the structure of data.xml file that I have; 1 <data> 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 </data> 6 <data> 7 . 8 . 9 . 10</data> etc. Each data block contains same number of lines (say... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: quick and easy question may be: How to use &&

Hi Guru's. I am trying to use to check if $5 is greater than 80 & if not 100, then to print $0 : awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0} But getting error: >bdf1|sed 's/%//g'|awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0}' syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and &&

Hello Everybody. I am having trouble matching multiple strings within an instanza. I ONLY want it to print if it finds both strings within the range. Example input (newlines between groups inserted only for readibility): Keywords to match are "artist" and "play count" startgroup1 artist:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP Shell Script Get & Delete && Upload & Delete

Hi All, Do you have any sample script, - auto get file from SFTP remote server and delete file in remove server after downloaded. - only download specify filename - auto upload file from local to SFTP remote server and delete local folder file after uploaded - only upload specify filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weesiong
3 Replies
projdel(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       projdel(1M)

NAME
projdel - delete a project from the system SYNOPSIS
projdel [-f filename] project DESCRIPTION
The projdel utility deletes a project from the system and makes the appropriate changes to the system file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f filename Specify the project file to modify. If no filename is specified, the system project file, /etc/project, is modified. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: project The name of the project to be deleted. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 2 The command syntax was invalid. A usage message for projdel is displayed. 3 An invalid argument was provided to an option. 4 The projid given with the -p option is already in use. 5 The project files contain an error. See project(4). 6 The project to be modified, group, user, or resource does not exist. 9 The project is already in use. 10 Cannot update the /etc/project file. FILES
/etc/project System project file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stabilty | See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Invocation is evolving. Human readable output is unstable. SEE ALSO
projects(1), groupadd(1M), groupdel(1M), groupmod(1M), grpck(1M), logins(1M), projadd(1M), projmod(1M), useradd(1M), userdel(1M), user- mod(1M), project(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
In case of an error, projdel prints an error message and exits with a non-zero status. NOTES
projdel deletes a project definition only on the local system. If a network name service such as NIS or LDAP is being used to supplement the local /etc/project file with additional entries, projdel cannot change information supplied by the network name service. SunOS 5.10 4 May 2004 projdel(1M)