Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Code commenting Problems in shell scripting Post 302612313 by methyl on Sunday 25th of March 2012 04:40:06 PM
Old 03-25-2012
Quote:
" Added by...."
The string does not appear in the code posted. Is it in abc.sql or more likely DB.sh ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute the rest of the code after commenting multiple lines?

Hi, As I have seen in this forum how to comment multiple lines in the script, but it does not work properly for me. It is blocking the code but it does not execute the rest of the codes. This is my code #! /usr/bin/ksh month='date +"m%"' : << Comments Block if || then echo "inc =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamini Thoppen
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting on unix/mysql problems

Hi, I have written a shell script for oracle on unix that does a df for specific files, and then will display the size, Avail, % used and the difference from yesterday to today. I have been asked to place it on some MySql databases that run onn unix and linux also, but when I try to run them I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cat55
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell code problems

So I have a line that is suppose to find all files in a folder and then run a program through all the files and then output the files with a _.txt ending. find ./ -name '*' -exec sh -c 'intersect-by-ids -ff {} -fc 1 -if normed_occ.txt -ic 1 \> {}_.txt'\; the error that i get is "find: missing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting problems - Commands not on local machine

Hello all- I have done a lot of searching tonight, but all leads seem to be dead ends. Forgive me if this has been covered, but I've searched the forum and the internet. I am having trouble building a shell script which uses SSH to login to our schools 1024 cluster grid. The issue that I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sagan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting lines in Shell script

Hi All, I know we can comment by using "#" .... I want to know... is there any way to comment a whole big script easily.... In a file i need to comment more than 15 lines ........ and check the script and un comment back. I am learning VI now so its taking lot of time to comment and un... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
4 Replies

6. Programming

shell scripting problems involving operations with remote machine

Hi, i have been developing a shell script to transfer a set of files from one ubuntu system to another. Task: while executing the script the files ( ls, dir, cat) in the source machine should transfer to destination machine(at /home/mac/mac/bin) While the script is executed once again, It... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting Multiple lines using Shell Script

I have an xml file which has following code : <abc-ref> <abc-name>abc.efg.hij.klm</abc-name> </abc-ref> I want to comment this whole section out and I have written the following script : (where "hij" is unique string in the file) TEMPFILE=replaceYY.tmp file=hello.xml sed -n... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dish
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting out a cron entry through a shell script

In my cron thare is a line like 24 11 * * * /usr/batch/bin/abc.sh > /usr/batch/log/abc.log 2>&1 along with other entries. I want to comment out this line through a shell script. My local variable 'line'ontains the full entry (i.e. 24 11 * * * /usr/batch/bin/abc.sh > /usr/batch/log/abc.log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

100 interesting shell scripting problems

Hi all, I'm just learning to write shell scripts (new to the whole UNIX thing) and I'm wondering if anyone would like to help me create a resource to help me, and others like me, learn scripting. It would be something like "100 interesting shell scripting problems". All I need are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickednamed
7 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)