Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Failure to boot v445
Operating Systems Solaris Failure to boot v445 Post 302612307 by gull04 on Sunday 25th of March 2012 04:09:48 PM
Old 03-25-2012
Hi DukeNuke2,

This is quite interesting, it would seem that the pkgadd for the vpath IBM drivers has an interesting side effect. It over writes the /etc/system file (note over write and not append) with;

Code:
forceload: drv/vpathdd

All the stuff that was in there before is just trashed, recover the old file from tape and edit is the answer at the moment. This just goes to show that making changes to a live system and not going for a reboot, is just asking for problems!

Regards

Dave

Last edited by gull04; 03-25-2012 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Can't spell old!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX respawning boot failure

Hello. System is a HP Visualize C3600 running X11 and after a power failure machine will not boot (see error messages below) From what I've read, this may be caused by a corrupted etc/inittab file. Solution suggested on other websites is to boot in single user mode and edit file inittab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: westcoast
2 Replies

2. Linux

Boot failure

Hi all I used a dual boot operating system and it works fine for me. Now , i install a Ati radeon 9250 Agp card on my system and this results in boot failure of fedora 6. The graphics card is working fine with windows XP , i.e i have no compatibility issues.The system also refuses to boot when i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshighanshyam
2 Replies

3. Solaris

INT18 boot failure

I installed solaris virtually and tried to format the partitions .. I dont know what went wrong, It got rebooted and hangs in the screen "No partitions" and after pressing Enter button it goes to "INT18 boot failure" and hangs there once again . Could any one of you suggest why this has happened... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priky
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Boot failure

I have installed Solaris 10 OS in Sun Virtual Box that uses x86 32 bit system. After an abnormal shutdown i'm getting the following message on the console when i try to boot. SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_127128_11 32-bit Copyright 1983-200 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserrved. Use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
3 Replies

5. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

6. Solaris

V445 unable to boot because of an error

This is what is displayed on the screen as the system tries to boot and then hangs: 0>Test CPU(s)....Done 0>Interrupt Crosscall....| SC Alert: DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server avail able Done 0>Init Memory....| SC Alert: Host System has Reset 'Done 0>PLL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenosongo
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

8. Solaris

OpenSolaris GRUB> boot failure HELP

Hi, i am running an old Opensolaris 5.11 snv_111b on an x86 server. After almost 4 years of successful service, last night out of the blue started to refuse all connections to it's services, ssh, http,etc. The only visible solution at that time was a restart. But now instead of booting the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_oilen
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

HPUX Boot failure.

When I login to the live console of my server and go to the console, I am getting the below message Processor is booting from the first available device. To discontinue, press any key within 10 seconds. 10 seconds expired. Proceeding... Trying Primary Boot Path... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
11 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)