Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting a set of patterns from the text file Post 302612103 by ygemici on Saturday 24th of March 2012 03:44:49 PM
Old 03-24-2012
Code:
# sed -n '/input parameter/{n;N;p;q}' infile
param1
param2

Code:
# awk '/input parameter/{getline;a=$0;getline;a=a"\n"$0;print a;exit}' infile
param1
param2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from text file based on configuration set in config file

Hi , a:) i have configuration file with pattren <Range start no>,<Range end no>,<type of records to be extracted from the data file>,<name of the file to store output> eg: myfile.confg 9899000000,9899999999,DATA,b.dat 9899000000,9899999999,SMS,a.dat b:) Stucture of my data file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suparnbector
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a set of strings from a text file

i have textfiles that contain a series of lines that look like this: string0 .................................................... column3a column4a string1**384y0439 ..................................... column3b column4b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting text and reusing the text to rename file

Hi, I have some ps files where I want to ectract/copy a certain number from and use that number to rename the ps file. eg: 'file.ps' contains following text: 14 (09 01 932688 0)t the text can be variable, the only fixed element is the '14 ('. The problem is that the fixed element can appear... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnDS
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - How to search a text file with multiple patterns?

Good day, great gurus, I'm new to Perl, and programming in general. I'm trying to retrieve a column of data from my text file which spans a non-specific number of lines. So I did a regexp that will pick out the columns. However,my pattern would vary. I tried using a foreach loop unsuccessfully.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sp3ck
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locating and Extracting Specific Patterns from a file

Hi all, 1. I have a file that is getting continously refreshed (appended) I want to grep all the strings containing substring of the type abcdf123@aaa.xxx.yyy.zzz:portnumber: where, before @, any letters or numbers combination, after @, IP address then symbol : then port... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoras
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two patterns 1 and 2 and pattern2 should be second occurrence of the file

Hi All, I have a small query. I have a file containing the following lines File 1: 29-Jul-2011 GMT Static data requires update <Extraction should start here> ----------- ----------- -------------------- ----------------------- ----------- <should stop here> Pattern1 will be time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangii87
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extracting a part of a line between two patterns

Hello All, I have a text file with contents as below: contents of error.txt: message1="Reason for error code1" message2="Reason for error code2" message3="Reason for error code3. To solve this, you may try doing restart" I have a requirement where in I have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asterisk-ix_use
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help extracting text from file

Hello I have a large file with lines beginning with 552, 553, 554, below is a small sample, I need to extract the data you can see below highlighted in bold from this file on the same location on every line and output it to a new file. Thank you in advance for any help 55201KL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using grep to select specific patterns in text file?

How do I use grep to select words that start with I or O, end in box, and contain at least one letter in between them? the text file mailinfo.txt contains Inbox the Inbox Is a match box Doesn't match INBOX Outbox Outbox1 InbOX Ibox I box If the command works correctly it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)