Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Upgrade to Firefox 11 in OpenSolaris 11 Post 302612047 by stansaraczewski on Saturday 24th of March 2012 11:25:02 AM
Old 03-24-2012
Thank you for your reply. Tried that, found no .pkg file but download the tar file and found the executable was not current. I did find the free software site where they had a .pkg file. Downloaded it, installed it, am good to go.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Suspend in opensolaris

How does one enable the suspend to hard drive or ram and sleep features on a desktiop running Open Solaris? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
2 Replies

2. Solaris

opensolaris in non UI mode

Hi, I have just installed OpenSolaris 10 on a Pentium III laptop. When I boot the machine, I get to the gdm driven login screen and upon login I can see my colorful desktop with different icons (like firefox and package manager). My machine is low on resources and it was running too slow - so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badriprasad
2 Replies

3. Solaris

OpenSolaris vs Solaris

What is the difference between OpenSolaris and Solaris ? Can we get the same full functionality as Solaris on SPARC in OpenSolaris ? thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies
RPM2(3) 						User Contributed Perl Documentation						   RPM2(3)

NAME
RPM2 - Perl bindings for the RPM Package Manager API SYNOPSIS
use RPM2; my $db = RPM2->open_rpm_db(); my $i = $db->find_all_iter(); print "The following packages are installed (aka, 'rpm -qa'): "; while (my $pkg = $i->next) { print $pkg->as_nvre, " "; } $i = $db->find_by_name_iter("kernel"); print "The following kernels are installed (aka, 'rpm -q kernel'): "; while (my $pkg = $i->next) { print $pkg->as_nvre, " ", int($pkg->size()/1024), "k "; } $i = $db->find_by_provides_iter("kernel"); print "The following packages provide 'kernel' (aka, 'rpm -q --whatprovides kernel'): "; while (my $pkg = $i->next) { print $pkg->as_nvre, " ", int($pkg->size()/1024), "k "; } print "The following packages are installed (aka, 'rpm -qa' once more): "; foreach my $pkg ($db->find_by_file("/bin/sh")) { print $pkg->as_nvre, " "; } my $pkg = RPM2->open_package("/tmp/XFree86-4.1.0-15.src.rpm"); print "Package opened: ", $pkg->as_nvre(), ", is source: ", $pkg->is_source_package, " "; DESCRIPTION
The RPM2 module provides an object-oriented interface to querying both the installed RPM database as well as files on the filesystem. CLASS METHODS
Pretty much all use of the class starts here. There are two main entrypoints into the package -- either through the database of installed rpms (aka the rpmdb) or through a file on the filesystem (such as kernel-2.4.9-31.src.rpm or kernel-2.4.9-31.i386.rpm You can have multiple RPM databases open at once, as well as running multiple queries on each. open_rpm_db(-path => "/path/to/db") As it sounds, it opens the RPM database, and returns it as an object. open_package("foo-1.1-14.noarch.rpm") Opens a specific package (RPM or SRPM). Returns a Header object. RPM DB object methods find_all_iter() Returns an iterator object that iterates over the entire database. find_all() Returns an list of all of the results of the find_all_iter() method. find_by_file_iter($filename) Returns an iterator that returns all packages that contain a given file. find_by_file($filename) Ditto, except it just returns the list find_by_name_iter($package_name) You get the idea. This one is for iterating by package name. find_by_name($package_name) Ditto, except it returns a list. find_by_provides_iter($provides_string) This one iterates over provides. find_by_provides($provides_string) Ditto, except it returns a list. find_by_requires_iter($requires_string) This one iterates over requires. find_by_requires($requires_string) Ditto, except it returns a list. RPM Header object methods stuff goes here TODO
Package installation and removal. Signature validation. HISTORY
0.01 Initial release AUTHOR
Chip Turner <cturner@redhat.com> SEE ALSO
perl. The original RPM module. perl v5.8.0 2002-11-08 RPM2(3)