Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Reading long options in C++ program Post 302611909 by pflynn on Friday 23rd of March 2012 07:26:13 PM
Old 03-23-2012
As another suggestion, try the getopt_long(3) function, if your system supports it. Maybe you could even build your own C++ wrapper to this function.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading long filenames from nero to AIX

One of my colleagues is having an issue moving files between a windows box and the AIX servers in the office. The filenames are being truncated though i don't know to what extent. He's using Nero to burn the CD and I think he mentioned he's using Joliet. I found another thread that shows a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: categoryzd
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to run the commands reading options from local file

I have to use shell script to run series of commands on another unix box by connecting through SSH and giving user credentials. For running commands on remote machine I have to use options reading from a local file. Process: Connecting to remote unix server <host1.ibm.com> through ssh Login: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsprout
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using getopt for both short and long options

Hi , I am using getopt for both short and long options as below SHORTOPTS="a:c" LONGOPTS="alpha:,charlie" OPTS=$(getopt -o $SHORTOPTS --longoptions $LONGOPTS -n "$progname" -- "$@") eval set -- "$OPTS" while ; do case $1 in -a|--alpha) echo "-a or --alpha... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi , I am using getopt for both short and long options as below SHORTOPTS="a:c" LONGOPTS="alpha:,charlie" OPTS=$(getopt -o $SHORTOPTS --longoptions $LONGOPTS -n "$progname" -- "$@") eval set -- "$OPTS" while ; do case $1 in -a|--alpha) echo "-a or --alpha... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi , I am using getopt for both short and long options as below SHORTOPTS="a:c" LONGOPTS="alpha:,charlie" OPTS=$(getopt -o $SHORTOPTS --longoptions $LONGOPTS -n "$progname" -- "$@") eval set -- "$OPTS" while ; do case $1 in -a|--alpha) echo "-a or --alpha... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command options one by one

Hi, Just some questions on the script below...? Given: bash-2.03$ command -a option1 name1 name2 ParseOptions() { local Len=${#@} local Ctr=2 #always start at 2 local Name=() local Iter=0 while ; do if <- Is this correct? so I can get the $2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command line options from bash script

I have the following code and I am calling it using ./raytrac.bash -u and getting problems. For some reason opt_usage is still 0. opt_usage=0 iarg=0 narg=$# while (($iarg < $narg)) do (( iarg = $iarg + 1 )) arg=$argv usrInputFlag=`echo $arg | awk '/=/ {print 1}; ! /=/... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
22 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display a message if program hangs(takes too long)

I have a ksh script (script1) that calls another ksh script (script2). If script2.ksh hangs or takes too long to execute I want script1.ksh to kill the call to script2.ksh and instead just display "Script2 can't run right now". Could someone help me with coding this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: Getopt::Long in the program

While going through some of the perl script... I had found the below line.. use Getopt::Long; my $GetOptionsReturnCode = GetOptions ( '<>' => sub { push(@unknownArg, @_); }, 'h|help' => sub { &helpMessage(); exit 0; }, ); Could anyone please explain the above one ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a long literal continued next line

I am trying to identify all messages or prompts from a number of COBOL programs and they can usually be identified by a pair of double quotes on one line. However, sometimes the literal will not be finished on the first line but after a dash in column 7 of the next line, the literal will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
6 Replies
TIGR-GLIMMER(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   TIGR-GLIMMER(1)

NAME
tigr-glimmer - runs various programs of the TIGR Glimmer suite SYNOPSIS
tigr-glimmer program [arguments] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tigr-glimmer wrapper to the TIGR Glimmer programs. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because upstream does not provide this wrapper and it was invented for Debian to avoid conflicts with other packages that might cause a name space polution. tigr-glimmer is just a wrapper that invokes the various programs in the TIGR Glimmer software package. You can get more detailed documenta- tion in /usr/share/doc/tigr-glimmer. Please note that the documentation there is a part of the former version Glimmer 2. The version Glimmer 3 has some features that were described in the notes.pdf document inside the documentation directory. The following programs are included: anomaly, build-fixed, build-icm, entropy-profile, entropy-score, extract, glimmer3, long-orfs, multi- extract, score-fixed, start-codon-distrib, test, uncovered and window-acgt. OPTIONS
There are no options. EXAMPLES
tigr-glimmer build-icm tigr-glimmer long-orfs SEE ALSO
For the pre previously packaged version Glimmer2 some text files from the documentation were turned to man pages for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution by Steffen Moeller <moeller@debian.org> AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). April 16, 2008 TIGR-GLIMMER(1)