Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with a script to have monthly sar reports Post 302611703 by fretagi on Friday 23rd of March 2012 10:10:38 AM
Old 03-23-2012
help with a script to have monthly sar reports

Hi

The operating system is solaris 10, the cron entries are:
Code:
#sar data collection
0 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1
0,15,30,45 8-23 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1
5 23 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -s 7:00 -e 19:01 -i 1200 -A
#

and

Code:
root@nikira # sar -f /var/adm/sa/sa22 -s 15:00 -e 16:00 | more

SunOS nikira 5.10 Generic_127127-11 sun4u    03/22/2012

15:00:00    %usr    %sys    %wio   %idle
15:15:00      38      23       0      39
15:30:00      26      20       0      54
15:45:00      28      17       0      55
16:00:00      29       9       0      62

Average       30      17       0      52
You have new mail in /var/mail//root
root@nikira #

Regards

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating reports using shell schell script

please advise..very urgent. purpose of my script is that it should generate a report by running a sql script which is stored in a directory and pull the information from DB.script shld be in such a way that I just need to pass a parameter and it shld generate the report and store it in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: complicated
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integate two reports - bash script

I wrote script in bash which generates this report "first.csv": I wrote script in bash which generates this report "second.csv": I want to integate two reports: "first.csv" and "second.csv". I want like so that "result.csv": Thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrykxes
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert variable date (monthly) from SQL script

Hi Guys, Can someone please help me on adding/inserting a variable to an sql scipt? Basically I want to generate data on monthly (i.e. July 01, 2011 to July 31, 2011) basis. As shown below.. set head off; set linesize 300; set pagesize 200; spool /opt/oracle/temp/output.txt select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinpe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a script to run weekly/monthly - check for weekday or day-of-the-month

Hi all, I currently have a UNIX file maintenance script that runs daily as a cron job. Now I want to change the script and create functions/sub inside it that runs on a weekly or monthly basis. To run all the scripts' daily maintenance, I want to schedule it in cron as simply maint.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

5. AIX

script to get user id reports

Dear Friends, Can Any one provide me script to generate list of username with the gecos field. (cat /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f1,5) Please note i have to run this command from nim server and i have password less ssh access.(ssh hostname command) and i want a file to be generated on nim... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodchauhan123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get user id reports korn shell

Dear Friends, Can Any one provide me script to generate list of username with the gecos field. (cat /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f1,5) Please note i have to run this command from nim server and i have password less ssh access.(ssh hostname command) and i want a file to be generated on nim... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinodchauhan123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tracking the script(.sh) files triggered on daily or monthly basis from source

Hi Gurus, Is there any solution for tracking the script(.sh) files triggered on daily or monthly basis from source - Datastage (Routines) Needs to find out if this scripts are running on daily just want to know that is there anything to track Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using kSar for short sar reports , failed to parse

Hello i try to run sar short periods of time like 5 minutes , using sar -ALL 2 > test.all.txt then i try to load this file off line in kSar , and kSar failing to parse the file . what i mean is it do read the file but doesn't present the data . i can see clearly that the file is full of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies
monthly(8)						      System Manager's Manual							monthly(8)

NAME
monthly - httpd log rotation for wwwstat SYNOPSIS
monthly DESCRIPTION
THIS PROGRAM MUST ONLY BE RUN ONCE PER MONTH! DURING THE FIRST WEEK It assumes a lot, like that you use wwwstat and archive your logfiles once per month. You will need to configure it for your server before it can be used. Reads the logfile (assumed to contain more than one month's worth of WWW common logfile entries) and moves the prior month's entries into a separate file. The new file is created on TMPDIR (to avoid filling up the disk), compressed using gzip, and then moved to the archive directory. The program also restarts the httpd server. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), httpd(1m), perl(1), wwwstat(1), splitlog(1), wwwerrs(8), oldlog2new(8) More info and the latest version of monthly can be obtained from http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/websoft/wwwstat/ ftp://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/websoft/wwwstat/ If you have any suggestions, bug reports, fixes, or enhancements, please join the <wwwstat-users@ics.uci.edu> mailing list by sending e- mail with "subscribe" in the subject of the message to the request address <wwwstat-users-request@ics.uci.edu>. The list is archived at the above address. 18 November 2004 monthly(8)