Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Exact meaning of the "world" in "hello world" Post 302611539 by Eugene Muzychen on Friday 23rd of March 2012 03:36:14 AM
Old 03-23-2012
Please excuse me but your answer is completely unrelated to my question. I know what "hello world" programs do. I need to know what the "world" exactly means.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Couldn't compile the simple "Hello World"

So, this is my first C++ program under linux. My OS is Red Hat 8.0, and my codes are like following: $vi hello.cpp #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0; } $ g++ -o hello hello.cpp the error message are: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the meaning of "!:*" in "alias foo 'command\!:*' filename"

Hi: How can I remove my own post? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Meaning of "b" modifier in "sort" command

I need to sort the following file by the rhdiskpower devices in the last column: Total_MB Free_MB OS_MB Name Failgroup Library Label UDID Product Redund Path 1024 851 1024 OCRVOT1_0000 OCRVOT1_0000 System UNKNOWN ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjssj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Comments on "How Will the World End?"

I have read the sun-expansion scenario numerous places but I've never read any suggestion that the earth's orbit would increase to avoid being scorched. What mechanism would push it out? As for creating a black hole by the LHC, the whole concept is silly so any number of reasons would rule it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
excamera(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						 excamera(3alleg4)

NAME
excamera - Viewing a 3d world from an arbitrary camera position. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> Example excamera DESCRIPTION
This program demonstrates how to use the get_camera_matrix() function to view a 3d world from any position and angle. The example draws a checkered floor through a viewport region on the screen. You can use the keyboard to move around the camera or modify the size of the view- port. The keys that can be used with this example are displayed between brackets at the top of the screen. SEE ALSO
BITMAP(3alleg4), END_OF_MAIN(3alleg4), MATRIX_f(3alleg4), POLYTYPE_FLAT(3alleg4), SCREEN_H(3alleg4), SCREEN_W(3alleg4), V3D_f(3alleg4), allegro_error(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4), allegro_message(3alleg4), apply_matrix_f(3alleg4), blit(3alleg4), clear_to_color(3alleg4), clip3d_f(3alleg4), create_bitmap(3alleg4), desktop_palette(3alleg4), destroy_bitmap(3alleg4), font(3alleg4), get_camera_matrix_f(3alleg4), get_vector_rotation_matrix_f(3alleg4), install_int_ex(3alleg4), install_keyboard(3alleg4), install_timer(3alleg4), key(3alleg4), key_shifts(3alleg4), makecol(3alleg4), persp_project_f(3alleg4), poll_keyboard(3alleg4), polygon(3alleg4), polygon3d_f(3alleg4), rect(3alleg4), screen(3alleg4), set_clip_rect(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4), set_palette(3alleg4), set_projection_viewport(3alleg4), textprintf_ex(3alleg4), vsync(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 excamera(3alleg4)