Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ctrl-c in bash script - Programming Post 302611345 by methyl on Thursday 22nd of March 2012 03:24:57 PM
Old 03-22-2012
Imho. The problem is in the Java program (or the way it is called) because it does not exit after completing the query.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script ctrl+c

How do you make a script so the user can not press ctrl+c and break out of the script? Thanks, :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtounix
1 Replies

2. AIX

Disable ctrl-c,ctrl-d,ctrl-d in ksh script

I wrote a ksh script for Helpdesk. I need to know how to disable ctrl-c,ctrl-z,ctrl-d..... so that helpdesk would not be able to get to system prompt :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ctrl+S resulting in (i-search) in bash

Hi On solaris, when I press Ctrl+S on an XTERM, the window normally freezes. But today on the same machine, the Ctrl+S key results in (i-search) !! I understand that it has got something to do with emacs (may be not). But I do not use emacs at all. Other specific keys including <backspace>,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji280283
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias in bash shell for CTRL + l

Is it possible to create an alias wherein it will use a keystroke. Like to clear the screen in bash i have to use CTRL + l. I want to make an alias 'c' out of this. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: or_knob
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ctrl-o in bash on os X leopard -- how does it work exactly?

I'm going through "learning the bash shell" by newham and rosenblatt. I'm trying to ctro-O to execute and then go on to the next command in the history list, ctrl-o again, etc. (I'm just trying to get a feel for it in case I want to use it). But ctrl-o does nothing. Can someone help me out as to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z causing exit the session

H! I have written script where it need to invoke the perl script in background, then write the pid in temp file then bring back the job to foreground. whenever the Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z is pressed in the script has to exit and prompt should be dispalyed. but this script causing exit from shell session... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle CTRL+Z or CTRL+C in shells script?

Hi, while executing shell script, in the middle of the process, if we kill the shell script( ctrl+z or ctrl+c), script will be killed and the files which using for the script will be in the folder. How to handle those scenarios. Is there any possibilities, if user breaks the script, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J for newline character does not work inside vi editor

Hi friends, I am trying to add a newline char ('\n') between the query and the commit statement in the following shell script. #! /bin/sh echo "select * from tab; commit;" > data.sql I have tried typing in "Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J" combination which has inserted ^@ (NUL) character but the commit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of keyboard inputs..like Ctrl+d and Ctrl+a

Hi..! I'm stuck with my automation of starting a process and keeping it running even after the current ssh session has exited.. So i'm trying to use command 'screen'. which is doing exactly what i wanted, But the problem is automation of the same. i will have to press Ctrl+a and Ctrl+d for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send ctrl-C signal using bash script.

declare -a array=( "LLC-load-misses" "LLC-loads" "LLC-store-misses" "LLC-stores" "branch-load-misses" "branch-loads" "dTLB-load-misses" "dTLB-loads" "dTLB-store-misses" "dTLB-stores" "iTLB-load-misses" "iTLB-loads" "branch-instructions" "branch-misses" "bus-cycles" "cache-misses" "cache-references"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
2 Replies
JYTHON(1)						      General Commands Manual							 JYTHON(1)

NAME
jython - Python seamlessly integrated with Java SYNOPSIS
jython [ -i ] [ -S ] [ -v ] [ -Dproperty=value ... ] [ -Wargument ] [ -Ecodec ] [ -Qargument ] [ -jar jar | -c cmd | file | - ] [ script-args ] jython [ --help | --version ] DESCRIPTION
Jython is an implementation of the high-level, dynamic, object-oriented language Python seamlessly integrated with the Java platform. The predecessor to Jython, JPython, is certified as 100% Pure Java. Jython is complementary to Java and is especially suited for the following tasks: Embedded scripting: Java programmers can add the Jython libraries to their system to allow end users to write simple or complicated scripts that add functionality to the application. Interactive experimentation: Jython provides an interactive interpreter that can be used to interact with Java packages or with running Java applications. This allows programmers to experiment with and debug any Java system using Jython. Rapid application development: Python programs are typically 2-10X shorter than the equivalent Java program. This translates directly to increased programmer pro- ductivity. The seamless interaction between Python and Java allows developers to freely mix the two languages both during develop- ment and in shipping products. To make a jython script executable on your system you can add the following line to the top of the file: #!/usr/bin/env jython You will also need to add execute permissions to the script using chmod(1). Note that #!/usr/bin/jython will not work; you must use #!/usr/bin/env jython. This is because /usr/bin/jython is a script itself, not a compiled binary. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -i Continue running Jython interactively after running the given script, and force prompts even if standard input doesn't appear to be a terminal. -S Don't imply import site on initialisation. -v Trace import statements on error output. -Dproperty=value Set the Jython property property to value; see jython.conf(5) for details of available properties. -Wargument Warning control. The full form of argument is action:message:category:module:line. Trailing empty fields may be omitted. Multiple -W options may be given. See documentation of the warnings module for details. -Ecodec Set the encoding used to read module source files from disk. -Qargument Division control. See PEP 239 for details. Valid arguments are old, new, warn and warnall. -jar jar The program to run is read from the file __run__.py in the specified jar archive. -c cmd The program to run is passed as the cmd string. This option terminates the options list. file The program to run is the script file. - The program to run is read from standard input (default behaviour). Interactive mode is used if running on a tty. This flag allows you to pipe a file into Jython and have it be treated correctly. script-args Command-line arguments to pass to the Jython script in sys.argv[1:]. --help Print a usage message and exit. --version Print the Jython version number and exit. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
JAVA (default: /usr/bin/java) The Java interpreter to use when running Jython. JAVA_OPTIONS (default: empty) Options to pass to the Java interpreter when running Jython. SEE ALSO
jythonc(1), jython.conf(5). If the Debian package jython-doc is installed, full documentation from the Jython authors will be available in /usr/share/doc/jython- doc/html/. AUTHOR
This manual page was prepared by Ben Burton <bab@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It is based upon the official Jython documentation. July 7, 2001 JYTHON(1)