Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Anti Virus
Operating Systems Linux Linux Anti Virus Post 302611185 by mark54g on Thursday 22nd of March 2012 11:07:20 AM
Old 03-22-2012
As mentioned, antiviruses on Linux tend to not be necessary unless you are protecting the files of other OSes.

Stop using Red Hat 9. There are likely serious security risks involved, as the OS has not been supported in a very long time. Use something current.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

5. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
RHN_REGISTER(8) 						   Red Hat, Inc.						   RHN_REGISTER(8)

NAME
rhn_register - Connect to RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhn_register [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_register is a client program that registers your system with Red Hat Network Classic (or a RHN Satellite). After registering, your sys- tem can receive software updates, install new software, and remotely manage your system. It can run both in graphical and text modes. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --nox Run in text mode. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHN_REGISTER(8)