Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple encryption in python
Top Forums Programming Simple encryption in python Post 302610637 by Corona688 on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 01:43:50 PM
Old 03-21-2012
What algorithm are you trying to do?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Writing simple python setup commands

Building software in most languages is a pain. Remember ant build.xml, maven2 pom files, and multi-level makefiles? Python has a simple solution for building modules, applications, and extensions called distutils. Disutils comes as part of the Python distribution so there are no other packages... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Python Code Question

I have the following code: #!/usr/bin/env python mylist = def printWithoutNewlines(): for objects in mylist: #print(objects) objects = objects.replace('hello', "hi") print objects When executed, it gives the following output: ## ./loop.py hi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
crypt_unix(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					     crypt_unix(5)

NAME
crypt_unix - traditional UNIX crypt algorithm DESCRIPTION
The crypt_unix algorithm is the traditional UNIX crypt algorithm. It is not considered sufficiently secure for current systems and is pro- vided for backwards compatibility. The crypt_sunmd5(5), crypt_bsdmd5(5), or crypt_bsdbf(5) algorithm should be used instead. The algorithm identifier for policy.conf(4) is __unix__. There is no entry in crypt.conf(4) for this algorithm. The crypt_unix algorithm is internal to libc and provides the string encoding function used by crypt(3C) when the first character of the salt is not a "$". This algorithm is based on a one-way encryption algorithm with variations intended (among other things) to frustrate use of hardware imple- mentations of a key search. Only the first eight characters of the key passed to crypt() are used with this algorithm; the rest are silently ignored. The salt is a two-character string chosen from the set [a-zA-Z0-9./]. This string is used to perturb the hashing algo- rithm in one of 4096 different ways. The maximum password length for crypt_unix is 8 characters. USAGE
The return value of the crypt_unix algorithm might not be portable among standard-conforming systems. See standards(5). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), crypt(3C), crypt_genhash_impl(3C), crypt_gensalt(3C), crypt_gensalt_impl(3C), getpassphrase(3C), crypt.conf(4), passwd(4), pol- icy.conf(4), attributes(5), crypt_bsdbf(5), crypt_bsdmd5(5), crypt_sunmd5(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Aug 2003 crypt_unix(5)