Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to create a multi-chat server using UDP? Post 302610625 by Corona688 on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 01:24:08 PM
Old 03-21-2012
Is this homework?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

concurrent udp server

Just like concurrent tcp server, anyone know how to design the concurrent udp server with the thread? it's best to give some basic examples,thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HOW to create UDP Concurrent Server

HI I want to create a UDP concurrent server can any one give the code for UDP concurrent server (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanikya
8 Replies

3. Programming

Print server via UDP

Hello, I would like to ask you for a help. I need to program in C print server which is based on connectionless protocol UDP. The problem is that I am not experienced in programming network applications, I can help myself with some other answered questions on this forum about network apps in C,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samciz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

socket programming using udp for chat application

hi, i have a source code for 1 server and 2 clients ...but the clients are not able to send data..1 server only receives data from clients and forwards to any other client, the data is in the buffer.....please help... thank you in advance..... /**********client1***************/ // Here Data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unsweety
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UDP server on Solaris 9

So I am attempting to implement a UDP server on an older Solaris 9 box; the server will be handling packets at a rate of about 12/sec and will be constructing acknowledgment messages on the fly. I've found snippets of sample code here and there on the net... should I be writing this from scratch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allbread
1 Replies

6. Programming

Unable to create a UDP client from thread?

I try to initial a UDP client from threading, but it doesn't work? why? These codes from the textbook #define ECHOMAX 255 /* Longest string to echo */ #define TIMEOUT_SECS 2 /* Seconds between retransmits */ #define MAXTRIES 5 /* Tries before giving up */... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

7. Programming

Clients - Server ( UDP )

Hello, I have a question: I want to create a n client to one server connection. This is the client-server algorithm. Enybody help to make the changes? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaHmur
0 Replies
pioneersai(6)							   Games Manual 						     pioneersai(6)

NAME
pioneersai - Computer player for Pioneers SYNOPSIS
pioneersai [ -s server ] [ -p port ] -n name [ -a algorithm ] [ -t milliseconds ] [ -c ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pioneersai command. Pioneers is an emulation of the Settlers of Catan board game which can be played over the internet. This is a computer player implementa- tion that can take part in Pioneers games. OPTIONS
-s,--server server Connect to a pioneers game running on server. -p,--port port Connect to a pioneers game running on port. -n,--name name Specify name of the computer player. -a,--algorithm algorithm Specify algorithm of the computer player. The only algorithm for an active partipant in a game is "greedy". Other allowed values are: lobbybot, logbot. -t,--time milliseconds Time to wait between turns, in milliseconds. Default is 1000. -c,--chat-free Do not chat with other players. --debug Enable debug messages. --version Show version information. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jeff Breidenbach <jab@debian.org>, and updated by Roland Clobus <rclobus@rclobus.nl>. Pioneers was written by Dave Cole <dave@dccs.com.au>, Andy Heroff <aheroff@mediaone.net>, and Roman Hodek <roman@hodek.net>, with contributions from many other developers on the Internet; see the AUTHORS file in the pioneers distribution for a complete list of contributing authors. SEE ALSO
pioneers(6), pioneers-server-gtk(6), pioneers-server-console(6) pioneers January 8, 2012 pioneersai(6)