Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove commas if touching any letters Post 302610193 by michaelrozar17 on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 04:00:28 AM
Old 03-21-2012
Ok. Try if the below helps..
Code:
sed 's/\([a-zA-Z]\), /\1 /g' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How do i remove commas(,) & spaces

Hey guys, I am very much new to shell scripts. So you ppl may feel that i am asking stupid question here. :D 1. I am using command line argument as an input variable. The user gets this value in his mail from client which has commas n spaces (Eg. 12,34,56,789) and the scripts... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting commas and replacing backslashes with commas

Hi, Newbie here. I have a file that consists of data that I want to convert to a csv file. For example: Jul 20 2008 1111 / visit home / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLOC-1.1 VendorID/105 Jul 21 2008 22222 / add friend / BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kangaroo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate commas after exporting excel file to csv

Hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first post so first of all I want to say that this is a great forum and I have managed to found most of my answers in these forums : ) So with that I ask you my first question: I have an excel file which I saved as a csv. However the excel file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spunkerspawn
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove extra commas from CSV outp file

Name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Domain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Contact,Phone,Email,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Location -----------------------,------------------------------------------------,-------,-----,---------------------------------,------------------------------------ ----... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV with commas in field values, remove duplicates, cut columns

Hi Description of input file I have: ------------------------- 1) CSV with double quotes for string fields. 2) Some string fields have Comma as part of field value. 3) Have Duplicate lines 4) Have 200 columns/fields 5) File size is more than 10GB Description of output file I need:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove leading commas in the file

Hi , I have a file with below records 965382,10310858,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 767010,10217614,3,10217616,10217622,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vputtas@gmail.c
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that should remove unnecessary commas between double quotes in CSV file

i have data as below 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23, BT","Eco Bank,Blantyre,Malawi" i need an output to be 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23 BT","Eco Bank Blantyre Malawi" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathias23
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove quotes and commas from field

In the attached file I am trying to remove all the "" and , (quotes and commas) from $2 and $3 and the "" (quotes) from $4. I tried the below as a start: awk -F"|" '{gsub(/\,/,X,$2)} 1' OFS="\t" enhancer.txt > comma.txt Thank you :). (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove rows containing commas with awk

Hello everyone, I have a dataset that looks something like: 1 3 2 2 3 4,5 4 3:9 5 5,9 6 5:6 I need to remove the rows that contain a comma in the second column and I'm not sure how to go about this. Here is an attempt. awk 'BEGIN {FS=" "} { if ($2!==,) print }'Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rabu
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file?

how to remove unwanted commas from a .csv file Input file format "Server1","server-PRI-Windows","PRI-VC01","Microsoft Windows Server 2012, (64-bit)","Powered On","1,696.12","server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R013,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R031,server-GEN-SFCHT2-VMS-R023"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
OCR4GAMERA(1)															     OCR4GAMERA(1)

NAME
ocr4gamera - OCR system using the Gamera framework USAGE
ocr4gamera -x <traindata> [options] <imagefile> OPTIONS
-v <int>, --verbosity=<int> Set verbosity level to <int>. Possible values are 0 (default): silent operation; 1: information on progress; >2: segmentation info is written to PNG files with prefix debug_. -h, --help Display help and exit. -d, --deskew Do a skew correction (recommended). -f, --filter Filter out very large (images) and very small components (noise). -a, --automatic-group Autogroup glyphs with classifier. -x <file>, --xmlfile=<file> Read training data from <file>. -o <xml>, --output=<xml> Write recognized text to file <xml> (otherwise it is written to stdout). -c <csv>, --extra_chars_csvfile=<csv> Read additional class name conversions from file <csv>. <csv> must contain one conversion per line. -R <rules>, --heuristic_rules=<rules> Apply heuristic rules <rules> for disambiguation of some chars. <rules> can be roman (default) or none (for no rules). -D, --dictionary-correction Correct words using a dictionary (requires aspell or ispell). -L <lang>, --dictionary-language=<lang> Use <lang> as language for aspell (when option -D is set). -e <int>, --edit-distance=<int> Correct words only when edit distance not more than <int>. OCR4GAMERA(1)