Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Clustering data by matching columns Post 302609919 by geetu on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 03:16:27 PM
Old 03-20-2012
Hi Bartus11
Can you also help me filter the single character values other than A,T,G,C and 0? Single characters like Y, M , R etc are present in my input which are not allowed.
Many Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching columns from two files

Hey, I have two files that have exactly the same format. They are both tab-delimited and contain 12 columns. However the # of rows vary. What I want to do is match columns # 5,6 and 7 between the two files. If they do match exactly (based on numbers) then I want the whole row from file 2 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestion to convert data in rows to data in columns

Hello everyone! I have a huge dataset looking like this: nameX nameX 0 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 ............... nameY nameY 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 ..... nameB nameB 0 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 ..... (can be several thousands of codes) and I need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching corresponding columns in two different files

Hi to all, I have two separated files: FILE1 "V1" "V2" "V3" Mary James Nicole Robert Francisco Sophie Nancy Antony Matt Josephine Louise Rose Mark Simon Charles FILE2 "V1" "V2" "V3"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eleonoral
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

matching columns

Hello experts, I have this problem, I need to match values based on two files, this is what I have: file1 1.1 1.2 1.3 5.5 1.4 1.5 1.6 file2 1 a 2 B 3 C 4 D 5 z (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common records after matching on different columns

Hi, I have the following files. cat 1.txt cat 2.txt output.txt The logic is as follows.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk Matching columns from two files

Hello, I have two files as following: #bin chrom chromStart chromEnd name score strand observed 585 chr2 29442 29443 rs4637157 0 + C/T 585 chr2 33011 33012 rs13423995 0 + A/G 585 chr2 34502 34503 rs13386087 0 + ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join two files with matching columns

Hi, I need to join two files together with one common value in a column. I think I can use awk or join or a combination but I can't quite get it. Basically my data looks like this, with the TICKER columns matching up in each file File1 TICKER,column 1, column, 2, column, 3, column 4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unkleruckus
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching first 2 columns..

Hello All, I want to make a file which will have primarily lines of file2 but when first 2 fields matches with the file1 it should have those lines of file1.. example is as below.. file1 a;b;1 c;d f;e t;r;5 file2 b;g a;b c;d v;b f;e t;r (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Matching Columns - Am I missing something?

I am using awk to match columns and output based on those matches. For some reason it is not printing matching columns, am I missing something? Operating system - windows with cygwin. Command that I am using: sed 's/]*,]*/,/g' $tempdir/file1 > $tempdir/file1.$$ && awk -F, 'FNR==NR{f2=$2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
RTBL(3) 						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						   RTBL(3)

NAME
rtbl_create, rtbl_destroy, rtbl_set_flags, rtbl_get_flags, rtbl_set_prefix, rtbl_set_separator, rtbl_set_column_prefix, rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id, rtbl_add_column, rtbl_add_column_by_id, rtbl_add_column_entry, rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id, rtbl_new_row, rtbl_format -- format data in simple tables LIBRARY
The roken library (libroken, -lroken) SYNOPSIS
#include <rtbl.h> int rtbl_add_column(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_add_column_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const char *column_header, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_add_column_entry(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, const char *cell_entry); int rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const char *cell_entry); rtbl_t rtbl_create(void); void rtbl_destroy(rtbl_t table); int rtbl_new_row(rtbl_t table); int rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const, char, *prefix", const char *suffix); int rtbl_set_column_prefix(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, const char *prefix); unsigned int rtbl_get_flags(rtbl_t table); void rtbl_set_flags(rtbl_t table, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_set_prefix(rtbl_t table, const char *prefix); int rtbl_set_separator(rtbl_t table, const char *separator); int rtbl_format(rtbl_t table, FILE, *file"); DESCRIPTION
This set of functions assemble a simple table consisting of rows and columns, allowing it to be printed with certain options. Typical use would be output from tools such as ls(1) or netstat(1), where you have a fixed number of columns, but don't know the column widths before hand. A table is created with rtbl_create() and destroyed with rtbl_destroy(). Global flags on the table are set with rtbl_set_flags and retrieved with rtbl_get_flags. At present the only defined flag is RTBL_HEADER_STYLE_NONE which suppresses printing the header. Before adding data to the table, one or more columns need to be created. This would normally be done with rtbl_add_column_by_id(), column_id is any number of your choice (it's used only to identify columns), column_header is the header to print at the top of the column, and flags are flags specific to this column. Currently the only defined flag is RTBL_ALIGN_RIGHT, aligning column entries to the right. Columns are printed in the order they are added. There's also a way to add columns by column name with rtbl_add_column(), but this is less flexible (you need unique header names), and is considered deprecated. To add data to a column you use rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(), where the column_id is the same as when the column was added (adding data to a non-existent column is undefined), and cell_entry is whatever string you wish to include in that cell. It should not include newlines. For columns added with rtbl_add_column() you must use rtbl_add_column_entry() instead. rtbl_new_row() fills all columns with blank entries until they all have the same number of rows. Each column can have a separate prefix and suffix, set with rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id; rtbl_set_column_prefix allows setting the prefix only by column name. In addition to this, columns may be separated by a string set with rtbl_set_separator (by default columns are not seprated by anything). The finished table is printed to file with rtbl_format. EXAMPLES
This program: #include <stdio.h> #include <rtbl.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { rtbl_t table; table = rtbl_create(); rtbl_set_separator(table, " "); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 0, "Column A", 0); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 1, "Column B", RTBL_ALIGN_RIGHT); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 2, "Column C", 0); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_format(table, stdout); rtbl_destroy(table); return 0; } will output the following: Column A Column B Column C A-1 B-1 C-1 A-2 B-2 C-2 A-3 B-3 C-3 A-4 B-4 C-4 HEIMDAL
June 26, 2004 HEIMDAL