Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix scripting related queries Post 302609527 by abhishek.gupta on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 05:28:04 AM
Old 03-20-2012
Unix scripting related queries

Hi,

I need to know wat does if ! >$tmp_out in the below script mean:

Code:
tmp_out=$SCRATCH_DIR/file_cat.$$.tmp
   if
      ! > $tmp_out
   then
      print "Could not initialize temorary file" >&2
      my_exit_code=21
      break
 fi

---------- Post updated at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:26 AM ----------

Also wat does this line suggest in a script:

Code:
print "\nTrouble removing file" >&2 --> &2 ????

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, see PM, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 03-20-2012 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums. I registered my id but I am unable to post my Questions to Forum. Thanks & Regards, indusri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indusri
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting related .

Could any body give the solution/script to get the below... 1.script will run and detcect the files having 0kb size , and give the solution in a out put file.(Will search the file in the path let say /abc/M/) 2.Same as the above also send a mail to your mails id , with the file name stating... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexMar
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Queries related to runlevels and fdisk utility...

Hello friends.. I have 2 doubts as follows: 1.What is the difference between init s (single user mode), init S (single user mode), init 1 (single user mode), and again failsafe mode. As far as I have seen, init s and init 1 does the same thing: putting the system in maintenance mode asking for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Queries related to Solaris and opensolaris

1.Is Solaris open source or closed source? From my knowledge it is a mix of both, since it implements GNU applications like bash, grub, and GNOME, firefox, etc. Could someone please throw some more information on this .. 2.If opensolaris is a complete open source OS, does it not mean that it also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract queries using UNIX shell script?

Hi, I have an input file which have many lines,from which i need to extract only the complete sql statements and write this alone to an output file. please help us in this. Regards Meva (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need downloading related help...but its not related to unix

Hi All, I am trying to dowmload the zip file "zkManageCustomers.zip " but i dont have access. Can anyone help me to download this file See the below link- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/wa-aj-open/index.html?ca=drs- Please help me as early as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help related to clearing of shell scripting doubt

Hello Gurus, Can anybody please help me to understand as what does this lines(Marked in bold) does: _TABLESPACE_OFFLINE=`cat ${_tmp_res} | grep -iv "online" | grep -v "^*$" | grep -iv "SQL>"` ------->1 if ;then _tmp_tablespace_status=1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hitesh1907
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell scripting for making queries on postgres sql

I have a situation where I have a list of airplanes that make a series of flights. Therefore I am looking up the different flights that each airplane makes based on a postgres sql query: select flightid from plane where airplane='DELTAx' As a result I get a series of flight numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSNY
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)