Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to Search Logs Several Directories Pulling out Only Current Date Post 302609257 by agama on Monday 19th of March 2012 01:33:35 PM
Old 03-19-2012
From that, I think the suggestion that I posted will work with a small change to the date format:

Code:
find . -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*log.0" \) | xargs awk -v IGNORECASE=1 -v cur_date="$(date "^+%m/%d/%y")" '
    (/service failure/ || /error/ || /severe/) && match( $0, cur_date ) { printf( "%s: %s\n", FILENAME, substr( $0, 1, 50 ) ); } '

I tested the original, but am not in the position to test this at the moment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a file with Current Date

Hi, How can we search for a file with current date(sysdate). Actually i want the file name from a directory which was created today(current date). For example i have a dir /home/arch and i have files with name aglito03axyz.datetimestamp in this directory, but all these files were created... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search on weblogic logs with date time ranges 2

Hi All, The developers want me to search and capture the weblogic log, you know this big logs of htmls. They want to me to have ranges on the date and time. Like from "2010-01-20 14:04:46,186" to "2010-01-20 15:00:12,490" I can only do this, cat /usr/local/bea/logs_prod1/debug.log |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Linux

search on weblogic logs with date time ranges

Hi All, The developers want me to search and capture the weblogic log, you know this big logs of htmls. They want to me to have ranges on the date and time. Like from "2010-01-20 14:04:46,186" to "2010-01-20 15:00:12,490" I can only do this, cat /usr/local/bea/logs_prod1/debug.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. Debian

Search files that start with current date

hi all, i need to find same files in my directory that looks like this format 20121017145949639.xml (YYYYMMDD*.xml) thanks for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merouan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for logs traced between specific date and time from log file

HI, I want to search for a logs which are trace between specific date and time from logs file. My logs are generated like this :- Tue Jun 18 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to process. Thu Jun 20 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a pattern in current date logs

Hello, I need to write one script which should search particular pattern like ABCD in log file name hello.txt only in current date logs. in current directory i have so many past date logs but grep should be applied on current date logs. on daily basis current date logs are in number 30 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check current date file is created and with >0 kb or not for multiple directories

Hi All, I am new in scripting and working in a project where we have RSyslog servers over CentOS v7 and more than 200 network devices are sending logs to each RSyslog servers. For each network devices individual folders create on the name of the each network devices IP addresses.The main... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinaki
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies

10. Linux

How to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script?

Hi, My question is how to calculate the quarter end date according to the current date in shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya_1234
2 Replies
Log(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    Log(4)

NAME
Log, .Log - Contains the uucp program log files SYNOPSIS
/usr/spool/uucp/.Log DESCRIPTION
The /usr/spool/uucp/.Log directories contain uucp program log files. The uucp program normally places status information about each trans- action in the appropriate log file each time you use the networking utilities facility. All transactions of the uucico and uuxqt daemons are logged in files named for the remote system concerned. The files are stored in a subdirectory of the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log directory named for the daemon involved. Thus, the log files are named with a form of the following: /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/DaemonName/SystemName The uucp and uuto commands call the uucico daemon. The uucico daemon activities for a particular remote system are logged in the System- Name file in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uucico directory on the local system. The uux and uusend commands call the uuxqt daemon. The uuxqt daemon activities for a particular remote system are logged in the SystemName file in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uuxqt directory on the local system. When more than one uucp process is running, however, the system cannot access the standard log file, so it places the status information in a file with a .Log prefix that covers just the single transaction. The uucp program can automatically append the temporary log files to a primary log file. This is called compacting the log files, and is handled by the uudemon.cleanu command, a shell procedure, which combines the log files of the activities of the uucico and uuxqt daemons on a system and stores them in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Old directory. The default is for the uudemon.cleanu command to save log files that are 2 days old. This default can be changed by modifying the appro- priate line in the shell script. If storage space is a problem on a particular system, reduce the number of days that the files are kept in the individual log files. The uulog command can be used to view the uucp program log files. RELATED INFORMATION
Daemons: cron, uucico(8), uusched(8) Commands: uucp(1), uudemon.cleanu(4), uulog(1), uusend(1), uuto(1), uux(1) delim off Log(4)