Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Assistance required when booting M3000, error shows; * MBU_A Status:Degraded; Ver:0701h; Serial: Post 302608949 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 19th of March 2012 04:29:37 AM
Old 03-19-2012
first thing I would try is to get a service password from oracle (a SR has to be opened to get one) and after that use the clearfault command to reset the error.
also check that all cables to the XSCF are in the right place (serial cable on serial port; network cable on network port).
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Installing RedHat 8.0 onto Dell PowerEdge SC1425 - hdc: status error: status = 0x58

I have successfully installed RedHat 8.0 onto a Dell PowerEdge SC1425 today. This server has two SATA hard drives, and an IDE DVD-ROM drive. Using the following kernel parameters, i successfully installed across both hard drives from CD: ide0=0x1f0,0x3f6,14 vga=791 resolution=1024x768 expert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
5 Replies

2. SCO

Tape Status shows 2 Hard errors and 5 Underruns on new tape

when I do a tape status /dev/rStp0 I get the following on a new tape and I have tried several: Status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors: 2 underruns: 5 My BackupEdge has stopped backing up my system because it asks for a new volume yet my total system data is under 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiplication shows syntax error

my shell script is simple arithmetic process.my addtion,substract and divide all can be worked only except multiplication.please help me.the shell is following: #!/usr/bin/sh echo "enter a number1:" read number1 echo "enter an operator:" read operator echo "enter a number2:" read number2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonicstage
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Shared Storage Array is DEGRADED

Hi, On my X4200 Galaxy cluster, when i plugged out the both cables of Controller A (connected to Node 1 and Node2) , status of registered array became "Degraded". After plugging -in the cables , i should get the status of array as "OK" but i am not getting the status OK. I am using CAM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaksharma
2 Replies

5. Solaris

* MBU_A Status:Degraded; Ver:0101h; Serial:PP095200RA ;

Hi Guru, Where is the level to run clearfault command from M3000? I only go XSCF and OS level and don't know how to get into this service level... Need to clearfault for MBU_A as show the error like * MBU_A Status:Degraded; Ver:0101h; Serial:PP095200RA ; when I run showhardconf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance Required - manipulating records

Hi guys, I need to do a bit of work to a file. Basically I want to run a SQL statement against each record in this file (hundreds of lines): sample input: 233333 233334 233335 233336 I want to do the following: 1. Add a some text at the beginning to prepare the SQL (3 lines) 2. Add... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
7 Replies

7. Solaris

zpool status shows things NOT OK, but 3rd party raid says all is well

Hi, I've gone around with this on Oracle's site (and tech support) and ended up empty handed and without ideas of what to do to fix the problem. Background: V245, Solaris 10, has 2 12-disk infortrend RAIDs attached. Have replaced faulty disks many times - familiar with the routine. However,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdigjudy
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance required with awk and regular expressions

Hello there, I am trying to get my head around the section below of a script we use that incorporates AWK and Regular Expressions. { match($0,"The broker*");print $1,$2,$3 ":", substr($0, RSTART,RLENGTH)} I have a basic understanding of how match works, what I am struggling with is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Zpool status shows scrub date of Dec 31, 1969

hello, We are using Solaris 11.3 on SPARC T5-2. The below is the actual output from "zpool status" command. The disks were scrubed last week, but it says the scrub repaired on Dec 31, 1969. Does anyone know how to correct this to report the correct date? Thanks pool: rpool state:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonu
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Assistance required to decode sed search using /1

Hi, I am trying to extract line number (first number), as well as everything from TSVal onwards. 4 1.474005 172.18.124.142 -> 74.125.228.46 TCP 2450940617 74 44021 > https Seq=0 Win=5840 Len=0 MSS=1380 SACK_PERM=1 TSval=2450940617 TSecr=0 WS=64 6 1.488149 172.18.124.142 ->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sand1234
1 Replies
CZ(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     CZ(4)

NAME
cz -- Cyclades-Z series multi-port serial adapter device driver SYNOPSIS
cz* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The cz device driver supports the Cyclades-Z series of multi-port serial adapters. The Cyclades-Z is an intelligent serial controller com- prising: o PLX9060ES PCI bus interface o Xilinx XC5204 FPGA o IDT R3052 MIPS CPU The MIPS CPU runs firmware provided by the device driver. Communication with the MIPS is performed by modifying data structures located in board local RAM or host RAM. The Cyclades-Z comes in three basic flavors: o Cyclades-8Zo rev. 1 -- This is an older 8-port board with no FPGA. The serial ports are provided by an octopus cable. o Cyclades-8Zo rev. 2 -- This is the newer 8-port board. The serial ports are provided by an octopus cable. o Cyclades-Ze -- This is the expandable version of the Cyclades-Z. It uses an HD-50 SCSI cable to connect the board to a 1U rack mountable serial expansion box. Each box has 16 RJ45 serial ports, and up to 4 boxes may be chained together, for a total of 64 ports. Boxes 3 and 4 require their own external power supply, otherwise the firmware will refuse to start (as it cannot communi- cate with the UARTs in those boxes). The Cyclades-Z has several features to improve performance under high serial I/O load: o The board may operate in interrupt-driven mode or polled mode to reduce interrupt load. o Each channel has a large input and output buffer. o Each channel may be programmed to generate an interrupt based on reception of a specific character, e.g. a PPP End-Of-Frame charac- ter. o The MIPS CPU on the board performs all flow-control handling. FILES
/dev/ttyCZnnnn -- dial-in (normal) TTY device /dev/dtyCZnnnn -- dial-out TTY device SEE ALSO
pci(4), termios(4), tty(4) HISTORY
The cz driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. AUTHORS
The cz driver was written by Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com> and Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com> of Zembu Labs, Inc. BUGS
The cz driver does not currently implement communication via host RAM. While this may improve performance by reducing the number of PCI mem- ory space read/write cycles, it is not straightforward to implement with the current bus_dma(9) API. Interrupt mode has not been tested. There is no support for reading or writing the EEPROM connected to the PLX PCI bus controller. BSD
May 17, 2000 BSD