Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Loopback interface doen't appear Post 302608943 by mabdelmageid on Monday 19th of March 2012 03:58:41 AM
Old 03-19-2012
Quote:
[root@openfiler1 network-scripts]# cat ../network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=openfiler1
GATEWAY=10.50.2.1

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Loopback Interface...Vanished???

Recently I noticed that my internet connection would not work correctly-although connected domain names could not be resolved. My resolv.conf file was fine since it is configured every time I dial up. a closer inspection showed that my loopback interface had disappearerd! Any ideas why would this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Top level TCSH while Loop doen't work

Hey guys... I'm learning some shell scripting on OS X using the tcsh shell. For some reason... my while loop isn't executing right (or more likely I am doing something wrong.) Something as simple as this doesn't work: #!/bin/tcsh set g = 0 while ($g <10) echo "this" $g @ g =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprynmr
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Adding Loopback Interface

Hello, I have a SunOS (5.5.1) system that I need to migrate to a new IP address. I would like to have any requests destined for the old IP to be forwarded to this server. One suggestion I had was to add a route on my router that would point the old IP to the new IP. How do I add another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reiklen
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Configure floating IP on loopback interface

Hi All, I need to configure a floating IP on loopback interface of two servers (RHEL 5.4). After configuring, I'm not able to ping to that IP from a different server. I fail to understand what is missing here. I have done similar configuration in another environment & it works fine. Plz help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

6. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Loopback?

This is in the beginning of the program: clear tput cup 1 20 echo "Welcome to UNIX I Final Assignment" tput cup 4 3 echo -e "Who would you like to look up? \c" tput cup 6 5 echo "vans, Rolland" tput cup 8 5 echo "ones, Mildred" tput cup 10 5 echo "mith, Julie" tput cup 12 5 echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thriveforana
0 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Loopback

clear echo "vans, Rolland" echo "Press in Your Keyboard to Quit" echo -e "Please Enter Your Choice : \c" read option case $option in I have created the corresponding information for each input on the display so... My question is... How do I display the corresponding information... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thriveforana
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8) 		     systemd-networkd.service			   SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd-wait-online.service, systemd-networkd-wait-online - Wait for network to come online SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd-wait-online.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd-wait-online DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd-wait-online is a one-shot system service that waits for the network to be configured. By default, it will wait for all links it is aware of and which are managed by systemd-networkd.service(8) to be fully configured or failed, and for at least one link to gain a carrier. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -i, --interface= Network interface to wait for before deciding if the system is online. This is useful when a system has several interfaces which will be configured, but a particular one is necessary to access some network resources. This option may be used more than once to wait for multiple network interfaces. When used, all other interfaces are ignored. --ignore= Network interfaces to be ignored when deciding if the system is online. By default, only the loopback interface is ignored. This option may be used more than once to ignore multiple network interfaces. --timeout= Fail the service if the network is not online by the time the timeout elapses. A timeout of 0 disables the timeout. Defaults to 120 seconds. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-networkd.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD-WAIT-ONLINE.SERVICE(8)