Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't erase/move/copy file!
Operating Systems Solaris Can't erase/move/copy file! Post 302608467 by gull04 on Saturday 17th of March 2012 03:23:01 PM
Old 03-17-2012
Are you logged on as sysdba or oracle? I think they are the only people that have access to the audit files, however it does look like there is a problem with the inode of the file.

Can you try the following command in the directory where the file is.

Code:
ls -li *

It may be that you'll have to stop the database, unmount the file system and run fsck to get a better idea of what the problem is. Although there could also be a problem with the disk here as well, I'd suggest that you ensure that you have an up to date backup for this one.

Regards

Dave

Last edited by gull04; 03-17-2012 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: Couldn't spell my own name.
This User Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy/move folder on XP to Solaris?

I have created a folder on C:\images\Raffles.jpg on my PC, and I like to copy or move to Solaris server. How can I do that? Please advise. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Copy Move Script

Hello Gurus! Please help! I would like to get some help with the following: I'm working right now on a Data Warehouse project and I need to automate a manual procedure I am using to process the data files coming into the database, any information/ideas and or which script language to go... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfpathros
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

erase file

I have a file that always generated in the system eg. /tmp/log.txt , it is generated by the application program , but this file should not be present in the system otherwise there are some program problem , I want to erase this file once the program has generate it , as I know , it can link to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ncftp copy/move pb

Hi, i have made this script for copy file in folder FTP in my local machine, when copy is finish i move files copied in backups_001 directory on same ftp 1°) the problem is if this script works with date if date is similar i taken, but if one day in ftp they put new file is no getting ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: livetele
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Copy-Move file problem

Hello, I made a script to copy files from one directory to another and move file after the copy is done. When files are present in the source directory there is no problem but when no file are present I'm getting an error. Please help !! --------------------- #!/bin/bash ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsimoneau
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy/move to a file with a special character as the 1st char in the filename?

I am trying to create files with special characters in its filenames for testing purposes. This is on a Linux RHEL4 but this should also be applicable on a Unix shell. I am able to create files with special characters in the filenames...e.g. cp -pv foo.gif \*special.gif cp -pv foo.gif \... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to copy or move file

I am trying to move a file that is in the root directory. I suspect it is an old file created by someone when the system was installed. I am testing accessing the file by doing a copy but the command does not find the file. I am operating as root. We are HP-UX B.11.23 I do long listing and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phcorn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy/move file which are not currently in use.

Hello experts, I'm doing a shell script that able to copy or move files. My situation is i have a drive ( lets say its S drive) where its receive all the files from mainframe i need to copy all the file from S drive to T drive. but only those files that are finished copied from mainframe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CelvinSaran
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy or Move problem

Hi All, I have a simple shell script to move .txt file(s) from a source directory one after another to the destination. The source directory is shared to windows using samba. The source files are arriving continuously and approx size is 10-15 KB. Some time the file size reached upto 100 KB and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
9 Replies

10. Red Hat

Separate the apache user file and move or copy some were

Hi all, I'm Using Centos 6.4 /opt/my_aplication/entry/data/0/ There are Thousands of files in this Directory, Only i need to copy or move the apache User's file from this to /tmp/backup , I have listed apache user's file using find . -user apache -type f , its gave me the only apache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies
fsck.ocfs2(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						     fsck.ocfs2(8)

NAME
fsck.ocfs2 - Check an OCFS2 file system. SYNOPSIS
fsck.ocfs2 [ -pafFGnuvVy ] [ -b superblock block ] [ -B block size ] device DESCRIPTION
fsck.ocfs2 is used to check an OCFS2 file system. device is the file where the file system is stored (e.g. /dev/sda1). It will almost always be a device file but a regular file will work as well. OPTIONS
-a This option does the same thing as the -p option. It is provided for backwards compatibility only: it is suggested that people use the -p option whenever possible. -b superblock block Normally, fsck.ocfs2 will read the superblock from the first block of the device. This option specifies an alternate block that the superblock should be read from. (Use -r instead of this option.) -B blocksize The block size, specified in bytes, can range from 512 to 4096. A value of 0, the default, is used to indicate that the blocksize should be automatically detected. -D Optimize directories in filesystem. This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to coalesce the directory entries in order to improve the filesys- tem performance. -f Force checking even if the file system is clean. -F By default fsck.ocfs2 will check with the cluster services to ensure that the volume is not in-use (mounted) on any node in the cluster before proceeding. -F skips this check and should only be used when it can be guaranteed that the volume is not mounted on any node in the cluster. WARNING: If the cluster check is disabled and the volume is mounted on one or more nodes, file system cor- ruption is very likely. If unsure, do not use this option. -G Usually fsck.ocfs2 will silently assume inodes whose generation number does not match the generation number of the super block are unused inodes. This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to ask the user if these inodes should in fact be marked unused. -n Give the 'no' answer to all questions that fsck will ask. This guarantees that the file system will not be modified and the device will be opened read-only. The output of fsck.ocfs2 with this option can be redirected to produce a record of a file system's faults. -p Automatically repair ("preen") the file system. This option will cause fsck.ocfs2 to automatically fix any problem that can be safely corrected without human intervention. If there are problems that require intervention, the descriptions will be printed and fsck.ocfs2 will exit with the value 4 logically or'd into the exit code. (See the EXIT CODE section.) This option is normally used by the system's boot scripts. -r backup-number mkfs.ocfs2 makes upto 6 backup copies of the superblock at offsets 1G, 4G, 16G, 64G, 256G and 1T depending on the size of the vol- ume. Use this option to specify the backup, 1 thru 6, to use to recover the superblock. -y Give the 'yes' answer to all questions that fsck will ask. This will repair all faults that fsck.ocfs2 finds but will not give the operator a chance to intervene if fsck.ocfs2 decides that it wants to drastically repair the file system. -v This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to produce a very large amount of debugging output. -V Print version information and exit. EXIT CODE
The exit code returned by fsck.ocfs2 is the sum of the following conditions: 0 - No errors 1 - File system errors corrected 2 - File system errors corrected, system should be rebooted 4 - File system errors left uncorrected 8 - Operational error 16 - Usage or syntax error 32 - fsck.ocfs2 canceled by user request 128 - Shared library error SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) debugfs.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation. This man page entry derives some text, especially the exit code summary, from e2fsck(8) by Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.6.4 September 2010 fsck.ocfs2(8)