Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search by patterns case
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search by patterns case Post 302608339 by rangarasan on Saturday 17th of March 2012 06:23:55 AM
Old 03-17-2012
awk

Hi,
Try this one,
Code:
awk '/^48/,/^49/'{print $0;} file

Cheers,
Ranga:-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search patterns

hello, i have an input file of about 50,00,000 lines. few of its lines are as follows: <CR:0023498789,TPO-14987084;BO=IC&SUB=ALLP <CF:0023498789,CB=YES;BIL&NC=NO <CF:0023498789,CW=NO;NS=NO <GC:0023498789,CG=YES;TPO&NC=YES <CR:0024659841,TPO-14484621;BO=NO&BA=OC&SUB=ALLH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search alternately for patterns

hi all, I am trying to do search on a gzip file. The file has <pattern1> Data.. <pattern2> data <pattern1> data <patter2> I want to print each pattern 1 and the corrresponding pattern2. If pattern 2 fails to appear and pattern 1 appears, I do not want to print pattern1 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskar123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search multiple patterns

I have two lists in a file that look like a b b a e f c d f e d c I would like a final list a b c d e f I've tried multiple grep and awk but can't get it to work (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: godzilla07
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the two patterns and print everything in between

Hi all, I have a file having data: @HWUSI-EAS1727:19:6:1:3674:984:0:1#GTTAATA NTTGGGTTTTCT @HWUSI-EAS1727:19:6:1:3674:984:0:1#GTTA... NTTGGGTTTTCT @HWUSI-EAS1727:19:6:1:3674:984:0:1#.....CT NTTGGGTTTTCT I want to print everything starting from # till line ends. can you please help me how... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pirates.genome
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about REGEX Patterns and Case Sensitivity?

Hello All, I'm in the middle of a script and I'm doing some checks with REGEX (i.e. using the '"shopt -s nocasematch" that at least the first one should print "FALSE" but it prints "TRUE"..? For Example: #!/bin/bash MY_VAR="HELLO" ### This prints "TRUE" PATTERN_1="^*" if ] then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for patterns in thousands of files

Hi All, I want to search for a certain string in thousands of files and these files are distributed over different directories created daily. For that I created a small script in bash but while running it I am getting the below error: /ms.sh: xrealloc: subst.c:5173: cannot allocate... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and count patterns

Hi, I have a text file the contents are like this now i want to search patterns Z , Z etc and count the occurrence of such patterns, after Z value can be any random digits, please help me it is urgent... output like this Z .............>5 Z ............>8 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text between exact matching patterns to Title case

Hi Folks, I have a large text file with multiple similar patterns on each line like: blank">PATTERN1 some word PATTERN2 title=">PATTERN1 some word PATTERN2 blank">PATTERN1 another word PATTERN2 title=">PATTERN1 another word PATTERN2 blank">PATTERN1 one more time PATTERN2 title=">PATTERN1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for patterns on different lines

im using the following code to search a log for entries on two different lines: awk 'BEGIN{count=0} /'"${firstpattern}"'/,/'"${secondpattern}"'/ { print; if ($0 ~ /'"${thirdpattern}"'/){count++}; } END { print count }' data.txt firstpattern="start error log" secondpattern="i am logging the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)