Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL foreach & open not working together Post 302608325 by balajesuri on Saturday 17th of March 2012 03:09:00 AM
Old 03-17-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchi7
The moment I use the line '/proj/starshapd_vol25/a0/fcwork/NLC_1/fcfp/main/pd/tiles/gnb_c_12_TileBuilder_Mar01-1651_c_12' my $sblk1 variable contains nothing. Does anyone know what the problem is?
1. Where and how are you using '/proj/starshapd_vol25/a0/fcwork/NLC_1/fcfp/main/pd/tiles/gnb_c_12_TileBuilder_Mar01-1651_c_12' ? I don't see it anywhere in the code you posted.

2. What exactly is the requirement? Just the gist of it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Iterating a hash through a foreach loop - unexpected results

i've reworked some code from an earlier post, and it isn't working as expected i've simplified it to try and find the problem. i spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong, eventually thinking there was a bug in perl or a problem with my computer. but, i've tried it on 3 machines with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quantumechanix
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop to run a perl script on multiple files

Hi, I have thousands of files in a directory that have the following 2 formats: 289620178.aln 289620179.aln 289620180.aln 289620183.aln 289620184.aln 289620185.aln 289620186.aln 289620187.aln 289620188.aln 289620189.aln 289620190.aln 289620192.aln.... and: alnCDS_1.fasta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greptastic
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested foreach in perl

I have two arrays @nextArray contains some files like \main\1\Xul.xml@@\main\galileo_integration_sjc\0 \main\1\PortToStorageDialog.xml@@\main\galileo_integration_sjc\0 . . . \main\1\PreferencesDialog.xml@@\main\galileo_integration_sjc\0 @otherArray contains some files like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

5. Programming

PERL, search and replace inside foreach loop

Hello All, Im a Hardware engineer, I have written this script to automate my job. I got stuck in the following location. CODE: .. .. ... foreach $key(keys %arr_hash) { my ($loc,$ind,$add) = split /,/, $arr_hash{$key}; &create_verilog($key, $loc, $ind ,$add); } sub create_verilog{... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riyasnr007
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Sort and Count foreach line

Can any one please help I am trying to sort each item in every line and count the common (non case sensitive) and at the end printing all the unique alphabetically. Here is what i did ... I can print all the lines but struck to sort each line some were: I am getting the output as: I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop working in terminal but not in the script

Hi, I am new here I have used the forums a long time to search for things they are very helpful. I have unfortunately used up all my resources (professors, grad students) and need some help. I have this very simple piece of code (using to isolate the problem) in a csh script: #!/bin/csh... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bflinchum
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Awk expressions working & not working

Hi, Putting across a few awk expressions. Apart from the last, all of them are working. echo a/b/c | awk -F'/b/c$' '{print $1}' a echo a/b/c++ | awk -F'/b/c++' '{print $1}' a echo a/b/c++ | awk -F'/b/c++$' '{print $1}' a/b/c++ Request thoughts on why putting a '$' post double ++... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach .gz file in a directory -- Not working

Hi, I am trying to add for loop in my code for all the .gz files in a directory. example code: for i in $PWD/input/*.dz do echo " file is :: $i " done This is not working as expectation and the output is : file is :: /home/IB/input/*.dz However, for i in $PWD/input/*... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IB_88
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print perl hash value in foreach loop

Experts - Any advice on how to get a hash value in a foreach loop? Values print correctly on standalone print statements, but I can't access value in foreach loop. See sample code below and thanks in advance. foreach my $z (sort keys %hash) { for $y (@{$hash{$z}}) { print "$z... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
6 Replies
map::slippy::fetcher(3tcl)					 Mapping utilities					map::slippy::fetcher(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
map::slippy::fetcher - Accessing a server providing tiles for slippy-based maps SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require Tk 8.4 package require img::png package require map::slippy package require map::slippy::fetcher ?0.2? ::map::slippy::fetcher fetcherName levels url fetcherName levels fetcherName tileheight fetcherName tilewidth fetcherName get tile donecmd _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a class for accessing http servers providing tiles for slippy-based maps. API
::map::slippy::fetcher fetcherName levels url Creates the fetcher fetcherName and configures it with the number of zoom levels supported by the tile server, and the url it is listening on for tile requests. The result of the command is fetcherName. METHODS fetcherName levels This method returns the number of zoom levels supported by the fetcher object, and the tile server it is accessing. fetcherName tileheight This method returns the height of tiles served, in pixels. fetcherName tilewidth This method returns the width of tiles served, in pixels. fetcherName get tile donecmd This is the main method of the fetcher, retrieving the image for the specified tile. The tile identifier is a list containing three elements, the zoom level, row, and column number of the tile, in this order. The command refix donecmd will be invoked when the fetcher either knows the image for the tile or that no image will forthcoming. It will be invoked with either 2 or 3 arguments, i.e. [1] The string set, the tile, and the image. [2] The string unset, and the tile. These two possibilities are used to either signal the image for the tile, or that the tile has no image defined for it. REFERENCES
[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Main_Page KEYWORDS
http, location, map, server, slippy, tile, url, zoom map 0.2 map::slippy::fetcher(3tcl)