Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Var Check Script (Help improve if possible) Post 302608248 by methyl on Friday 16th of March 2012 03:06:13 PM
Old 03-16-2012
The big efficiency improvement is to only execute "df" on the "/var" partition.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I improve this script ???

Hi all, Still a newbie and learning as I go ... as you do :) Have created this script to report on disc usage and I've just included the ChkSpace function this morning. It's the first time I've read a file (line-by-bloody-line) and would like to know if I can improve this script ? FYI - I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to check first character in var's value.

Currently my script works like this: DATE_dd=5 # Assume this is user input. (User can enter 1, 2, 3, .. 10, 11, 12) if ; then DATE_D=" ${DATE_dd}" file_name="${DATE_yyyy}${DATE_mm}0${DATE_dd}.csv" else DATE_D=${DATE_dd} ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any way to improve performance of this script

I have a data file of 2 gig I need to do all these, but its taking hours, any where i can improve performance, thanks a lot #!/usr/bin/ksh echo TIMESTAMP="$(date +'_%y-%m-%d.%H-%M-%S')" function showHelp { cat << EOF >&2 syntax extreme.sh FILENAME Specify filename to parse EOF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirababu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check to see if string var is empty

i have a veriable set var1 set var2 = abcd how can i check if var 1 is empty and if var 2 is not empty ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirnir26
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to improve the performance of script

Hi All, I have written a script as follows which is taking lot of time in executing/searching only 3500 records taken as input from one file in log file of 12 GB Approximately. Working of script is read the csv file as an input having 2 arguments which are transaction_id,mobile_number and search... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a shell script to check /var file system

deleting (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to improve the performance of this script?

Hi , i wrote a script to convert dates to the formate i want .it works fine but the conversion is tkaing lot of time . Can some one help me tweek this script #!/bin/bash file=$1 ofile=$2 cp $file $ofile mydates=$(grep -Po '+/+/+' $ofile) # gets 8/1/13 mydates=$(echo "$mydates" | sort |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve sftp script

Dear all, I have written two scripts to transfer files to another server outside the company. One is a batch script , and the other script calls the batch script, send the files and archive the file sent. The problem is, that I want to get the list of files which have been uploaded the the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to improve an script?

Gents. I have 2 different scripts for the same purpose: raw2csv_1 Script raw2csv_1 finish the process in less that 1 minute raw2csv_2 Script raw2csv_2 finish the process in more that 6 minutes. Can you please check if there is any option to improve the raw2csv_2. To finish the job... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script

Gents, Is there the possibility to improve this script to be able to have same output information. I did this script, but I believe there is a very short code to get same output here my script awk -F, '{if($10>0 && $10<=15) print $6}' tmp1 | sort -k1n | awk '{a++} END { for (n in a )... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
23 Replies
AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)						    Miscellanea 						 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)

NAME
amanda-scripts - Configuring and using the Script API DESCRIPTION
The Script API is a flexible system for invoking user-supplied scripts at various points in the execution of Amanda. This manual page describes the operation and configuration of the API. For help writing Script API scripts, see http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Script_API. SCRIPTS
This section lists the scripts included with Amanda, see the individual man page for instructions on using them. For complete How-To information, consult the Amanda wiki at http://wiki.zmanda.com. o amzfs-snapshot(8), - create/destroy zfs snapshot. o script-email(8), - send email. Script properties work just like application properties: they are insensitive to case, and - (dash) and _ (underscore) may be used interchangeably. SCRIPTS OUTPUT PROPERTY
A pre-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate or pre-dle-backup executed on the client can output property on stdout that are sent to the application. If the output line matches "PROPERTY str1 str2", Amanda sets a property called "str1" by the value of "str2", that property is sent to the application. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)