Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Discovery LPAR from HMC
Operating Systems AIX Discovery LPAR from HMC Post 302607975 by dukessd on Thursday 15th of March 2012 09:29:30 PM
Old 03-15-2012
Code:
lspartition -dlpar

will give you a start...
HTH

Last edited by dukessd; 03-15-2012 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: [code] code tags, doh [/code]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

disk discovery

when I "ls /dev/dsk/ ", I can see c0t0d0 and c0t2d0; but when I use format command, I can only see c0t0d0 available; why this happens? how many disk do I have on the machine? (I do not know that) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
2 Replies

2. AIX

CDROM Issue on LPAR HMC VIO

Whenever I assign/unassign a CDROM ( RAID CTRL ) to Active LPAR from HMC, I have to reboot the LPAR. How can I do it without rebooting the LPARS. POWER6 with HMC LPARS = AIX 6.1 Any info developerWorks : AIX and UNIX : PowerVM Forum : Moving CD-ROM/DVD-ROM dynamically ... But... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

4. AIX

HMC Hardware Discovery does not work for p595 frames

Hi, I require help with hardware discovery while running a command from an HMC with firmware V7.3.5 SP 3. The two frames I am running the command for are p 5 595's. Command input: lshwres -m swdc-c02-9119-595-SN02780CF -r io --rsubtype slotchildren -F lpar_name Error output: The managed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXNEWBIE62
1 Replies

5. AIX

Setup hacmp on lpar with a hmc for home lab

Unix Guys i want to setup a lab in my house for learning, i want to setup and hacmp and a seperate server where i can setup 2 lpars and then cluster those 2 lpars and setup them up for failover what is the cheapest way to achive this. my objective is to learn hmc -> managed server via... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
7 Replies

6. AIX

Command to show HMC of this lpar?

Does anyone know of a command that can be run on the lpar to show the name of the lpars managing HMC? We have a large environment and records a little old on which HMC manages which lpars....if i could login to an lpar and just issue a command to show me its managing hmc that would be great. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Foiled
2 Replies

7. AIX

Install AIX lpar via hmc, can't access cd drive

Hi , I would like to access the cd drive of , i have power series server , and have lpars . I try to install AIX in an lpar via HMC, but it can't access the cd drive. how i can make installtion or make the the cd drive accessible in hmc or in power series server? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
2 Replies

8. AIX

Moving VIOS, LPAR's, HMC to different subnet

Hi, Just joined to new company with one Power 720 Express (8202-E4C) server and have no much experience with IBM systems. I am trying to move everything I mentioned to different subnet as required by customer contract (currently sitting on same subnet as company lan). Access to this subnet will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: spricer
8 Replies

9. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hmc lpar console integration

We want to integrate powervm by using openstack with hmc. Now we encounter problem with the console, we can open the terminal within hmc, and I think hmc using tech java applet. sample applet code like <applet codebase="https://172.16.28.174/hmc/"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagle
0 Replies
FVWM-THEMES-START(1)					      General Commands Manual					      FVWM-THEMES-START(1)

NAME
fvwm-themes-start - FVWM Themes starter SYNOPSIS
fvwm-themes-start [ --session|-s name ] [ --no-start|-n ] [ --fvwm-exe|-e ] [ -- fvwm-args ] DESCRIPTION
This script runs fvwm with FVWM Themes. It should be run under X. Put a call to this script as the last line of your .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsession file. OPTIONS
--session name - name of the FVWM Themes session. By default it is "main". This allows to have and run different FVWM Themes configuration. --no-start - do not start fvwm, just do preparation for starting it. This is useful to start FVWM Themes with a session manager, see FAQ. --fvwm-exe - changes the default executable, which is fvwm or whatever fvwm-config --fvwm-exe returns. -- everything after -- is passed to FVWM. See the fvwm(1) man page for the fvwm options. EXAMPLES
Most users just should put: fvwm-themes-start as the last line of their .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsession file. If you want to use FVWM Themes with a real session manager, say GNOME, you need to use the --no-start option and put: fvwm-themes-start --no-start gnome-session as the last lines of your .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsession file. The session option allows to use FVWM Themes with different configura- tions. Say, you want to use 3 different configurations under a normal FVWM session when FOO test is false, under gnome-session and under a normal FVWM session when FOO test is true. Then, your .xinitrc/.xsession file may look as follows (where $1 is the "first" argument given by startx, or by kdm or gdm ...): ... case $1 in fvwm) if FOO; Then fvwm-themes-start --session special else fvwm-themes-start fi ;; gnome) fvwm-themes-start --session gnome --no-start gnome-session ;; ... other cases ... esac Note that with most session managers (e.g., GNOME or XSM) it is preferable to give "fvwm -f themes-rc" as the starting window manager com- mand in the session manager. COPYING
The script is distributed by the same terms as fvwm-themes itself. See GNU General Public License for details. BUGS
Report bugs to fvwm-themes-devel@lists.sourceforge.net. Fvwm Utility 15/Aug/2000 FVWM-THEMES-START(1)