Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing file name to get uptimes Post 302607775 by hithere30052 on Thursday 15th of March 2012 10:09:21 AM
Old 03-15-2012
this doesnt work either

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters through a file

I have created a script "myscript.sh" I need to run this script with diffrent parameters. The parameters are stored in a file myparam.txt. I need to run myscript.sh script for every parameter supplied in myparam.txt. Example: If myparam.txt contains following lines: param1 param2 param3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chawlaaman
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a file descriptor

I am trying to right a function which uses a file descriptor to write to a log file. The problem is that the on the print statement the file descriptor is called bad. Now when I first open the file and print to it in the f_open function by passing the descriptor to f_print_log all works well,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotball
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file(passing the file as input parameter)

hi I have a shell script say primary.sh . There is a file called params my scenario is primary.sh should read all the values and echo it for example i should pass like $primary.sh params output would be Abc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing the parameters through a file

Hi All, I have written a shell script and the script is working fine, I am passing my MIT_ID(NUMBER VALUE) to the shell script from the command prompt and my script is executing as expected. Now I have to pass all the MIT_ID's from a .txt file to the shell script,as I am automating this I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file in to multiple files and passing each individual file to a command

I have an input file with contents like: MainFile.dat: 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command arguments from a file?

Hi Im trying to run zip shell command from an Oracle job, but this has limitations. This should take a few of explanaition,.. Oracle allows me to execute a command and then I can set up a fixed number of arguments. Ex: (summarizing in something like..): JOB DEFINITION job_name: test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegatripy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter through file

Hi , I am passing date parameter through file my shell script testing.sh is #set -x #set -v asd=$1 asd1=$2 echo $asd echo $asd1 Passing parameter as below sh testing.sh `cat file1.txt` Output (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with passing parameters from a file

Hello Everyone, I have developed a shell script which takes schema id and password as parameter to login into database using sqlplus,runs a query and mails the result. My requirement is that, I dont want to pass userid and password as parameters.Instead,I want to pass say Environment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Passing a file name to a variable

Below is the command mv AP_FLEXCUBE_INTERFACE10.txt FTPYMNTE_`date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S" | tr '' ''`.TXT it is changing the file name to a different name according to time stamp dynamically. I want to capture that dynamic file name present in the directory to a variable . After that i want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit das
6 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)