Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parallel export of all oracle DB schema. Post 302607752 by pravin27 on Thursday 15th of March 2012 09:03:37 AM
Old 03-15-2012
Hi,

You can run DB export with nohup in background

Code:

nohup export schema1 &
nohup export schema2 &
nohup export schema3 &

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

killing parallel oracle process

Hi guys: I have a an oracle job which uses 10 parallel hints and would like to killit when it hangs. I want to kill all the processes that have been spawned. what I do right now is get the pid of the scheduler process which initiated theis job and the do a ps -ef| grep 'pid' and trace through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle8
1 Replies

2. Solaris

export oracle schemas

Hi, How do i export selected Oracle database schemas from HpUnix? Is it possible to export it to a windows shared drive? If so how do i do it? Pls advice. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicky88
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for checking schema satistics in Oracle

I have a script which gives the output of schemas in Oracle DB : #!/bin/ksh ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep ora_pmon_$1 | wc -l | while read CONTROL do if ; then ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0 export ORACLE_HOME PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH:/bin:/usr/bin:usr/local/bin:. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle export

Hi Experts , Does anybody know the sheel scripts , which exports oracle tables into xls files . Thanks for your feedback. Regards Pranav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heisonline
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Toad for Oracle 11G - schema browser not working

Need a help Schema browser in Toad not listing the tables when i connected to Oracle 11g schema did any body faced the issue... ? How to resolve the issue (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Toad for Oracle 11G Schema browser

Need a help ..Schema browser in Toad not listing the tables when i connected to Oracle 11g schema did any body faced the issue... ? How to resolve the issue.. I need it asap thats y posted here Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
5 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

LDAP rfc2307bis.schema or nis.schema?

Hi guys, we are implementing new ldap in our organization exclusively for Linux authentication purposes. As we are new to the subject, I would appreciate help regarding which schema to use to create group of users and accounts / passwords entries? I see both schemas listed in subject above... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lastminute
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do Parallel Export in Oracle DB

I intend to do parallel export of my Oracle db (i.e all the schema in my db). Currently I'm using the below exp command in my script: exp $uid/$pwd@$ORACLE_SID FILE=./DUMP/$today$username.dmp STATISTICS=NONE LOG=./LOG/$today$username.log For parallel export what should I use? Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya001
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I import a particular schema from full dump in Oracle?

Hi All, I have a full oracle dump file that I have exported from a production server. I want to import a specific schema out of the full dump. Is that possible in oracle. What will be the command for that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
6 Replies
NOHUP(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty SYNOPSIS
nohup COMMAND [ARG]... nohup OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND, ignoring hangup signals. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If standard input is a terminal, redirect it from an unreadable file. If standard output is a terminal, append output to 'nohup.out' if possible, '$HOME/nohup.out' otherwise. If standard error is a terminal, redirect it to standard output. To save output to FILE, use 'nohup COMMAND > FILE'. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nohup, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's doc- umentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report nohup translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/nohup> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) nohup invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 NOHUP(1)