Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat how to install Openssh in linux machine Post 302607744 by fpmurphy on Thursday 15th of March 2012 08:53:58 AM
Old 03-15-2012
You will probably also need openssh-clients
Code:
yum install openssh-clients

If you need an openssh server
Code:
yum install openssh-server

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

openssh for linux

Hi all, I have Red Hat Linux release 7.0 (Guinness)Kernel 2.2.16-22 on an i686 and wish to know how to upgrade my openSSH (up to which version) which is an old version 2.4. thks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bert.n
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to install OpenSSh in tru64 4.0F??

I had been searching and i guess ssh is not available for 4.0F, the option is to install OpenSSh, but i don't know hw to do it!! :confused: Would someone pls send me some instrctions about the insalation and where can i download the OpenSSH??? Tks a lot!!! :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irasela
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Install & configure Openssh In Solaris 8

I hope someone out there can help. I'm trying to install & configure Openssh to my Solaris, I downloaded & Installed the following pkgs : openssh-4.4p1-sol8-sparc-local.gz openssl-0.9.8d-sol8-sparc-local.gz tcp_wrappers-7.6-sol8-sparc-local.gz zlib-1.2.1-sol8-sparc-local.gz... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

OpenSSH install

I'm trying to install OpenSSH on HP-UX 11.11, so, first of all, I was going to install OpenSSL, but I get an error message during "make test"... 23324:error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded:md_rand.c:503:You need to read the OpenSSL FAQ,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
8 Replies

5. AIX

how to install openSSH in AIX 5.3?

Guys I need to install openSSH on AIX 5.3? First problem is : i am unable to find openSSH 3.8.1 freeware on the net ?pls pass on any links if you have. Second problem is : installation.Although i know how to install rpm packages,installing SSH is bit diffrent.But that second issue. Can... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::OpenSSH not working on Unix machine.

So, I installed the Net::OpenSSH module and I am having trouble getting it to work. It appears to be failing on this code: my $ssh = Net::OpenSSH->new('user:passwd@host.com'); $ssh->error and die "Couldn't establish SSH connection: ". $ssh->error; It's pretty simple code. I keep... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

9. AIX

Troubleshooting OpenSSH 6.2 Install on AIX 7.1

*SOLVED. please see edit at bottom* Hello, I have a freshly installed AIX 7.1 that I would like to enable SSH on. I believe I need OpenSSH and OpenSSL to do this. OpenSSL was already installed, so I moved onto installing OpenSSH. I downloaded OpenSSH 6.2 from this site that claims support... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
0 Replies

10. AIX

Openssh install failed on AIX 6.1

im new to aix... my task is suppose to be simple. install openssh i followed this article: Installing OpenSSH and OpenSSL on AIX 6.1 | Keymon's snippets and brushstrokes when i try to start the sshd service with the command: "startsrc -s sshd" im getting an error saying: "the sshd subsystem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
6 Replies
KERNEL-INSTALL(8)						  kernel-install						 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)

NAME
kernel-install - Add and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot SYNOPSIS
kernel-install COMMAND KERNEL-VERSION [KERNEL-IMAGE] DESCRIPTION
kernel-install is used to install and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot. kernel-install will execute the files located in the directory /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/ and the local administration directory /etc/kernel/install.d/. All files are collectively sorted and executed in lexical order, regardless of the directory in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc/kernel/install.d/ take precedence over files with the same name in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/. This can be used to override a system-supplied executables with a local file if needed; a symbolic link in /etc/kernel/install.d/ with the same name as an executable in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/, pointing to /dev/null, disables the executable entirely. Executables must have the extension ".install"; other extensions are ignored. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: add KERNEL-VERSION KERNEL-IMAGE kernel-install creates the directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ and calls every executable /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments add KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ The kernel-install plugin 50-depmod.install runs depmod for the KERNEL-VERSION. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install copies KERNEL-IMAGE to /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/linux. It also creates a boot loader entry according to the boot loader specification in /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. The title of the entry is the PRETTY_NAME parameter specified in /etc/os-release, or "Linux KERNEL-VERSION", if unset. If the file initrd is found next to the linux file, the initrd will be added to the configuration. remove KERNEL-VERSION Calls every executable /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments remove KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ kernel-install removes the entire directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ afterwards. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install removes the file /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. EXIT STATUS
If every executable returns with 0, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install Drop-in files which are executed by kernel-install. /etc/kernel/cmdline /proc/cmdline The content of the file /etc/kernel/cmdline specifies the kernel command line to use. If that file does not exist, /proc/cmdline is used. /etc/machine-id The content of the file specifies the machine identification MACHINE-ID. /etc/os-release The content of the file specifies the operating system title PRETTY_NAME. SEE ALSO
machine-id(5), os-release(5), Boot loader specification[1] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec systemd 208 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)