Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Show complete command on command line when we use 'ps' Post 302607740 by jlliagre on Thursday 15th of March 2012 08:46:24 AM
Old 03-15-2012
Please clarify: what is the user account used to run the command ? Is it "oracle" or not ?

If it is not "oracle", the program arguments are not displayed by design. There is no point trying to get them, this is a security feature.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -R command but need complete path name on each line

Can anyone help me with the following: I need to traverse subdirectories to create a list of files with the pathname. For example, here's what I get with a simple ls -alR command: /MAIN/data/30007390 dte2>>ls -alR .: total 2 drwxrwx--- 4 ecfadmin staff 96 Oct 24 18:35 . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: condor4-2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Esc key to complete command line typing

Dear Techs, In the past on a different box (HP) I use to be able to complete something I was typing by entering a portion of the filename in the pwd and I would hit the Esc key and it would match the rest of the filename. I did this without understanding how it was setup. Now I am on a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you wait for command substitution processes to complete?

When running a command using the >(cmd) syntax in bash how do you wait for the command to complete before moving on in your script? Here is a simple example: zcat largefile.gz | tee >(wc && echo “HELLO”) > /dev/null # I tried wait, here but it doesn't wait for the process in the subshell.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrvwman
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Complete command list/argument using ps

Hi, Using ps, I can't work out what is the right options to use to show full listing of the process or command, can someone please advise what options I should be using? Example output of a "trimmed" process is as below and I know this is not the complete command line that I've executed,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep command return word instead of complete line

Hi Is there any way GREP command can return word and not complete line. My file has following data: Hello Everyone I am NitinrajSrivastava Hi Friends Welcome VrajSrivastava I am using grep 'raj' which is returning me complete line.However I want only the word having keyword 'raj'. Required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use command tail -f & show line number.

Hello Guys, I have created function which is as follow: tail -f filename |grep "Key word" output from this command 19-11-2011 21:09:15,234 - INFO Numbement - error number:result = :11 19-11-2011 21:09:15,286 - INFO Numbement - error number:result = :11 19-11-2011 21:09:15,523 - INFO... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command is not search the complete pattern

I am facing a problem while using the grep command in shell script. Actually I have one file (PCF_STARHUB_20130625_1) which contain below records. SH_5.55916.00.00.100029_20130601_0001_NUC.csv.gz|438|3556691115 SH_5.55916.00.00.100029_20130601_0001_Summary.csv.gz|275|3919504621 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit.vedi1988
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Shell Script Does Second Command Wait For First Command To Complete

Hi All, I have a question related to Shell scripting. In my shell script, I have following two commands in sequence: sed 's/^/grep "^120" /g' $ORIGCHARGEDAMTLIST|sed "s;$;| cut -f$FIELD_NO1 -d '|' | awk '{ sum+=\$1} END {printf (\"%0.2f\\\n\", sum/100)}' >$TEMPFILE mv $TEMPFILE $ORIGFILE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find command takes too long to complete

Hi, Below is my find command find /opt/app/websphere -name myfolder -perm -600 | wc -l At time it even takes 20 mins to complete. my OS is : SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5440 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need generic command to get complete running process details

I am on SunOS and Linux I need generic command to get complete process details from which i will eventually extract socket details (listen address and port) ps -ef | ggrep -i server | ggrep -i mydomaindoes not yield a process that should have both the grep entries along with the listen... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)			    Oracle SQL Developer Debian package builder 		      MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)

NAME
make-sqldeveloper-package - Oracle SQL Developer Debian package builder SYNOPSIS
make-sqldeveloper-package [options] <file> DESCRIPTION
make-sqldeveloper-package is a utility that builds a Debian package for Oracle SQL Developer. The Oracle SQL Developer program is governed by the copyright holder (Oracle USA, Inc.), so you may be limited as to what you can do with the resulting package (i.e. no redistribution, etc). This utility will simply help you create the Debian package, it is your responsibility to use the resulting package acordingly with the OTN license, a copy of which is included in the created package, that you must agree on when downloading the source. This utility will require you to download the "Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms" archive from <http://www.oracle.com/technet- work/developer-tools/sql-developer/> to create the Debian package from. OPTIONS
-b|--build-dir <dir> base directory to build package (autogenerated) -e|--email <email> local maintainer email (use DEBEMAIL or auto-generate) -i|--install install the generated package - needs root privilege (no) -k|--keep-dir keep the build directory (no) -l|--revision <number> local revision to append to package version (1) -m|--maintainer <name> local maintainer name (use DEBFULLNAME or leave empty) -r|--root-command <command> command to gain root privilege for package build (fakeroot) -u|--upstream-version <version> force the upstream version (autodetected) -h|--help display the help screen -v|--version show the program version <file> the "Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms" archive from <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/> AUTHOR
make-sqldeveloper-package was written by Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com>. This manual page was written by Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU
2012-11-13 MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)