Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help me with basics
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help me with basics Post 302607682 by aryancool on Thursday 15th of March 2012 05:30:13 AM
Old 03-15-2012
help me with basics

hello everyone

i have to start with unix as it is a part of my training programme and i have to do a self study, i dont know where to start from. i need some basic questions to be answerd like why we use unix ? what is a terminal? what is an editor? why we write commands inside terminal?
these may be dumb questions but i need help.please help out

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts and basics

Hi, I have a script which I need to modify the date "01/10/2008" and "31/10/2008" every month before running the report. Can I have some script to take the date automatically from the cal option. Hope it makes sense. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayanthsec
1 Replies

2. AIX

DB2 basics

Dear friends I am going to study DB2 and i dont have any experience with any DB's.. Please provide me with some links or pdf's for DB2 starters. any advice will be very usefull (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk basics

Hi, Please tell me where can I get started with awk..like the basics and the whole awk stuff. Regards, Deepti (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Basics

Hello , Everyone , I want to know the Aix Basics and how it works ,hardware related problems and solution etc. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narendram
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command basics???

how do i use the ls command with a single argument to list all files whose names end with the letter 'r'? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilbo4231
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Basics

Hello, 1) I am trying to get involved in UNIX for educational purposes so I have installed the latest Ubuntu edition 12.04. Do you know another package that I could use it instead for educational purposes? 2)What is the difference between "~$" and "/$" (it comes with cd / and cd ~) .The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iwn
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX basics

Hi, I am new to Unix. can you explain in brief with examples what is variable, what is argument and what is parameter? i searched a lot on other forums but not able to find a appropriate answer. thanks in advance!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 21laps
3 Replies
FANN_TRAIN_ON_FILE(3)							 1						     FANN_TRAIN_ON_FILE(3)

fann_train_on_file - Trains on an entire dataset, which is read from file, for a period of time

SYNOPSIS
bool fann_train_on_file (resource $ann, string $filename, int $max_epochs, int $epochs_between_reports, float $desired_error) DESCRIPTION
Trains on an entire dataset, which is read from file, for a period of time. This training uses the training algorithm chosen by fann_set_training_algorithm(3) and the parameters set for these training algorithms. PARAMETERS
o $ann -Neural network resource. o $filename - The file containing train data o $max_epochs - The maximum number of epochs the training should continue o $epochs_between_reports - The number of epochs between calling a user function. A value of zero means that user function is not called. o $desired_error - The desired fann_get_MSE(3) or fann_get_bit_fail(3), depending on the stop function chosen by fann_set_train_stop_function(3) RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success, or FALSE otherwise. SEE ALSO
fann_train_on_data(3), fann_train_epoch(3), fann_get_bit_fail(3), fann_get_MSE(3), fann_set_train_stop_function(3), fann_set_training_algo- rithm(3), fann_set_callback(3). PHP Documentation Group FANN_TRAIN_ON_FILE(3)