Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to print selected fields
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print selected fields Post 302607394 by darling on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 10:20:25 AM
Old 03-14-2012
How to print selected fields

HI,

I am using below command to display the words, but i am getting awk error. Please help me out on this

I am using below code
Quote:
echo "dis clusqmgr(*) cluster(BT.CL.APOLLOC1) conname qmtype deftype"| runmqsc BT.QM.ASSA10T1| egrep 'CHANNEL|QMTYPE|CLUSQMGR|CONNAME'|sed -e 's/CLUSQMGR(/+/g'|sed 's/)/,/g'|sed 's/(/,/g'|tr -d "\n"|tr "+" "\n"|tr -d " "|awk -F,'{ print $1 $2 $3 }'
i am getting error as
Quote:
awk: syntax error near line 2
awk: bailing out near line 2
If i use below code i am getting below OP
Output from where i am trying to select the fields after delimiter ","
Quote:
echo "dis clusqmgr(*) cluster(BT.CL.APOLLOC1) conname qmtype deftype"| runmqsc BT.QM.ASSA10T1| egrep 'CHANNEL|QMTYPE|CLUSQMGR|CONNAME'|sed -e 's/CLUSQMGR(/+/g'|sed 's/)/,/g'|sed 's/(/,/g'|tr -d "\n"|tr "+" "\n"|tr -d " "
Quote:
BT.QM.ASNA02T1,CHANNEL,TO_QM_ASNA02T1.C1,CLUSTER,BT.CL.APOLLOC1,CONNAME,10.81.30.19,51431,,DEFTYPE,C LUSSDRB,QMTYPE,NORMAL,
from here i want to select 1,2, and 3rd fields after ","

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print selected rows with awk

Hi everybody: Could anybody tell me how I can print from a file a selected rows with awk. In my case I only want print in another file all the rows from NR=8 to NR=2459 and the increment each 8 times. I tried to this: awk '{for (i=8; i=2459; i+=8); NR==i}' file1 > file2 But doesn't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print selected lines

Hi everybody: I try to print in new file selected lines from another file wich depends on the first column. I have done a script like this: lines=( "1" "2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "7" "8" "9" "10" "11" "21" "31" "41" "51" "55" "57" "58" ) ${lines} for lines in ${lines} do awk -v ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print out a selected word.

Hi can anyone assist me on my problem. I try to grep 1 word in 1 line data. Example like below. * Data below located in a.txt, i just wanna grep just processing-time = "12" total-octets = "20080718214210Z" total-pages = "" octets-completed = "20080721064351Z" pages-completed = "2"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anakiar
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print selected pages

I have a large file and want to print out, but I don't want to print all, just some pages. Like if the file has 100 pages, I just want to print out page 3-34 and 67-87. How can I do? By the way, I already try "lp -o page-ranges=value" command which doesn't work on my computer because -o <option>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print only selected char in a string..?

Hi, I want to print particular chars in a string. for example ie., consider " dear,. roopa$#09%~`';']" as the example string. Here, I want to print only alphanumeric chars.. suppose , if i want only alphanumeric... value would be "dear roopa09" suppose , if i want some spl char(,) with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to print selected fields of selected lines by AWK

I am trying to print 1st, 2nd, 13th and 14th fields of a file of line numbers from 29 to 10029. I dont know how to put this in one code. Currently I am removing the selected lines by awk 'NR==29,NR==10029' File1 > File2 and then doing awk '{print $1, $2, $13, $14}' File2 > File3 Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

only print a selected row

this works: cat file.txt| awk 'NR==45,NR==55' but how do I assign variables instead of numbers: this does not work: cat file.txt | awk 'NR==$start,NR==$end' there need variables instead of numbers Sorry for my English Thank you for answer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print . in blank fields to prevent fields from shifting

The below code works great, kindly provided by @Don Cragun, the lines in bold print the current output. Since some of the fields printed can be blank some of the fields are shifted. I can not seem too add . to the blank fields like in the desired output. Basically, if there is nothing in the field... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
scha_cluster_get(1HA)					       Sun Cluster Commands					     scha_cluster_get(1HA)

NAME
scha_cluster_get - access cluster information SYNOPSIS
scha_cluster_get -O optag [args] DESCRIPTION
The scha_cluster_get command accesses and generates information about a cluster. You can access information about the cluster, nodes, zones, host names, resource groups, resource types, and states. The command is intended for use in shell script implementations of callback methods for resource types. These callback methods for resource types represent services that are controlled by the cluster's Resource Group Manager (RGM). This command provides the same information as the scha_resource_get() function. This command sends output to the standard output (stdout) in formatted strings on separate lines, as described in the scha_cmds(1HA) man page. You can store the output in shell variables. You can also parse the output with shell commands such as the awk command. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -O optag The optag argument indicates the information to be accessed. Depending on the optag, an additional argument may be needed to indicate the cluster node or zone for which information is to be retrieved. Note - optag options, such as NODENAME_LOCAL and NODENAME_NODEID, are not case sensitive. You can use any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters when you specify optag options. The following optag values are supported: ALL_NODEIDS Generates on successive lines the numeric node identifiers of all nodes in the cluster. ALL_NODENAMES Generates on successive lines the names of all nodes in the cluster. ALL_NONGLOBAL_ZONES Generates on successive lines the nodename:zonename string of all the non-global zones on all nodes in the cluster. ALL_NONGLOBAL_ZONES_NODEID Generates on successive lines the nodename:zonename string of all non-global zones on the cluster node whose numeric node identifier is given as the argument. ALL_PRIVATELINK_HOSTNAMES Generates on successive lines the host names by which all cluster nodes are addressed on the cluster interconnect. ALL_RESOURCEGROUPS Generates on successive lines the names of all the resource groups that are being managed in the cluster. ALL_RESOURCETYPES Generates on successive lines the names of all the resource types that are registered in the cluster. ALL_ZONES Generates on successive lines the nodename:zonename string of all zones, including the global zone, on all nodes in the cluster. ALL_ZONES_NODEID Generates on successive lines the nodename:zonename string of all zones, including the global zone, on the cluster node whose numeric node identifier is given as the argument. CLUSTERNAME Generates the name of the cluster. NODEID_LOCAL Generates the numeric node identifier for the node where the command is executed. NODEID_NODENAME Generates the numeric node identifier of the node indicated by the name. Requires an additional unflagged argument that is the name of a cluster node. NODENAME_LOCAL Generates the name of the cluster node where the command is executed. NODENAME_NODEID Generates the name of the cluster node indicated by the numeric identifier. Requires an additional unflagged argu- ment that is a numeric cluster node identifier. NODESTATE_LOCAL Generates UP or DOWN depending on the state of the node where the command is executed. NODESTATE_NODE Generates UP or DOWN depending on the state of the named node. Requires an additional unflagged argument that is the name of a cluster node. PRIVATELINK_HOSTNAME_LOCAL Generates the host name by which the node on which the command is run is addressed over the cluster interconnect. PRIVATELINK_HOSTNAME_NODE Generates the host name by which the named node is addressed on the cluster interconnect. Requires an additional unflagged argument that is the name of a cluster node. SYSLOG_FACILITY Generates the number of the syslog(3C) facility that the RGM uses for log messages. The value is 24, which corre- sponds to the daemon facility. You can use this value as the facility level in the logger(1) command to log mes- sages in the cluster log. ZONE_LOCAL Generates the name of the zone from which the command is issued. The format of the zone name that is returned is nodename:zonename. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using the scha_cluster Command in a Shell Script The following shell script uses the scha_cluster command to print whether each cluster node is up or down: #!/bin/sh nodenames=`scha_cluster_get -O All_Nodenames` for node in $nodenames do state=`scha_cluster_get -O NodeState_Node $node` printf "State of node: %sexit: %dvalue: %s0 "$node" $? "$state" done EXIT STATUS
The following exit status codes are returned: 0 Successful completion. nonzero An error occurred. Error codes are described in scha_calls(3HA). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
awk(1), logger(1), sh(1), scha_cmds(1HA), syslog(3C), scha_calls(3HA), scha_cluster_get(3HA), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 6 Sep 2006 scha_cluster_get(1HA)