Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compare & print lines with 2 requirements Post 302607259 by pravin27 on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 03:22:45 AM
Old 03-14-2012
Hi,

Could you please provide us desire output ?

~ Pravin ~

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare lines of two files and print output on screen

hey guys, I have two files both with two columns, I have already created an awk code to ignore certain lines (e.g lines that start with 963) as they wou ld begin with a certain string, however, the rest I have added together and calculated the average. At the moment the code also displays... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlfc
3 Replies

2. Solaris

basic hardware & system requirements for solaris 10

hi all, i want to setup a solaris10 lab for 50 trainees. kindly let me know all the basic hardware & system requirements for the lab . with regards, Raj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajp_8007
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and print the two lines with difference

I have two files like this: #FILE 1 ABCD 4322 26485 JMTJ 5311 97248 XMPJ 4321 58978 #FILE 2 ABCD 4321 26485 JMTJ 5311 97248 XMPJ 4321 68978 What to do: Compare the two files and find those lines that doesn't match. And have a new file like this: #FILE 3 "from file 1" ABCD 4322 26485... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two strings, and print lines containing mismatches

pls help me on this... and im really sorry because i really don't know where to start here... FILE1 ABC DEF 10 2 DEF GHI 11 3 GHI JKL 12 5 JKL MNO 13 7 MNO PQR 14 5 requirements: 1. The third string should only be 10 or 12 2. The fourth string should only be 2 or 3 3. Prinnt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Tab Separated Field with AWK to all and print lines of unique fields.

Hi. I have a tab separated file that has a couple nearly identical lines. When doing: sort file | uniq > file.new It passes through the nearly identical lines because, well, they still are unique. a) I want to look only at field x for uniqueness and if the content in field x is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between a regExp & a blank line

Hi, I have a file, say files_list, as below (o/p of ls -R cmd) $ cat files_list /remote/dir/path/to/file: sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 ... /remote/dir/path/to/file/sub-dir1: remote_file1.csv.tgz <blank line 1> /remote/dir/path/to/file/sub-dir2: remote_file2.csv.tgz <blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files and print unique lines

Hi friends, I have multiple files. For now, let's say I have two of the following style cat 1.txt cat 2.txt output.txt Please note that my files are not sorted and in the output file I need another extra column that says the file from which it is coming. I have more than 100... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare last 90 logs and print repeating lines with >20

*log files are in date order sample logs... ciscoresets_20120314 ciscoresets_20120313 ciscoresets_20120312 ciscoresets_20120311 ciscoresets_20120310 cat ciscoresets_20120314 SYDGRE04,10,9 SYDGRE04,10,10 SYDGRE04,10,11 SYDGRE04,10,12 SYDGRE04,10,13 SYDGRE04,10,14 SYDGRE04,10,15... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & subtract lines in files by column using awk.

I have two files with similar column pattern as given below : 2 sample lines from file1 are given below. 18 12630 . G T 49.97 . AC=2;AF=1.00;AN=2;DP=3;Dels=0.00;FS=0.000;HRun=0;HaplotypeScore=0.0000;MQ=60.00;MQ0=0;NDA=1;QD=16.66;SB=-0.01 GT:AD:DP:GQ:PL ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & print content of file which is not matching

Hi All I want to compare 2 files using awk and get output of content which is not matching I have 2 files a.txt 123 456 780 143 b.txt A|B|C|167|D|E C|K|D|123|D|E A|B|D|789|G|F C|D|G|143|A|B Not matching line from b.txt O/P A|B|C|167|D|E A|B|D|789|G|F (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
3 Replies
ldns-compare-zones(1)					      General Commands Manual					     ldns-compare-zones(1)

NAME
ldns-compare-zones - read and compare two zonefiles and print differences SYNOPSIS
ldns-compare-zones [-c] [-i] [-d] [-z] [-s] ZONEFILE1 ZONEFILE2 DESCRIPTION
ldns-compare-zones reads two DNS zone files and prints number of differences. Output is formated to: +NUM_INS -NUM_DEL ~NUM_CHG The major comparison is based on the owner name. If an owner name is present in zonefile 1, but not in zonefile 2, the resource records with this owner name are considered deleted, and counted as NUM_DEL. If an owner name is present in zonefile 2, but not in zonefile 1, the resource records with this owner name are considered inserted, and counted as NUM_INS. If an owner name is present in both, but there is a difference in the amount or content of the records, these are considered changed, and counted as NUM_CHG. OPTIONS
-c Print resource records whose owner names are in both zone files, but with different resource records. (a.k.a. changed) -i Print resource records whose owner names are present only in ZONEFILE2 (a.k.a. inserted) -d Print resource records whose owner names are present only in ZONEFILE1 (a.k.a. deleted) -a Print all changes. Specifying this option is the same as specifying -c -i amd -d. -z Suppress zone sorting; this option is not recommended; it can cause records to be incorrectly marked as changed, depending of the nature of the changes. -s Do not exclude the SOA record from the comparison. The SOA record may then show up as changed due to a new serial number. Off by default since you may be interested to know if (other zone apex elements) have changed. -h Show usage and exit -v Show the version and exit AUTHOR
Written by Ondej Sury <ondrej@sury.org> for CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o. (czech domain registry) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <ondrej@sury.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. 17 Oct 2007 ldns-compare-zones(1)