Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Running out of space
Operating Systems AIX Running out of space Post 302607188 by zxmaus on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 11:24:34 PM
Old 03-14-2012
look into your root homedir - usually /root - if there are any large files or cores which can be deleted. If you use smitty a lot you might want to shrink the logfiles.

Regards
zxmaus
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running out of Space (Root)

Hi, I m working on about 16 Unix Servers, Sometime a file is generated in the root names STA, which causes the root to run out of space within few seconds ,,, and the server crashes..... hlp me out to find why the file is generated , what does it contain 'n' what is the cause ! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpiyanz
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Problem running out of space by copying files to identical filesystems

I am trying to copy a filesystem from one server to another using rsync over the WAN. As far as I can tell, the two filesystems are identical but for some reason I cannot copy the last file because I keep running out of space. SERVER 1: mkfs -m <lvol> mkfs -F vxfs -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running web pages located outside webserver space

I can't find any good, active Apache forums, anyone know? Either way I'll ask once here. Let's say all webpages on the server run from /var/www directory and you would like to store some webpages elsewhere on the filesystem and still the apache webserver can access them like they were located in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
5 Replies

5. AIX

Alter paging space while the server is running

========================================================================= Hi I should make hd6 as 6144MB and remove paging00 How to do ? root@dbspsdbn1 #lsps -a Page Space Physical Volume Volume Group Size %Used Active Auto Type paging01 hdisk2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Disk space being used up while running a script

We have a script which when run consumes the space of the disk from where it is being run. we have to kill this script every time to release space. why do this happen ? any work around please we are using solaris 10 P.S. : a part of the code will make some connection to the DB (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chidori
1 Replies

7. Fedora

Need to incrwase PHYSICAL VOLUME space on hard drive with free space on it

Hi, I run Fedora 17. I created a physical volume of 30GB on a disk with 60GB of space so there is 30GB of free space. On the physical volume, I created my volume group and logical volumes. I assigned all the space in the physical volume to my volume group. I need to add the 30GB of free space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to remove leading space from awk statement space from calculation

I created a awk state to calculate the number of success however when the query runs it has a leading zero. Any ideas on how to remove the leading zero from the calculation? Here is my query: cat myfile.log | grep | awk '{print $2,$3,$7,$11,$15,$19,$23,$27,$31,$35($19/$15*100)}' 02:00:00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bizomb
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Running a script in a sub dir with space in it

Hi I am trying to run a script in a sub-directory, that has one space on it: such as: /internaldisk1/Task Logs1, but my entry in cron is not working: 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /internaldisk1/Task\ logs1/./remov_reject.sh > /var/tmp/interd_`date '+%Y%M%d'`.log 2>&1 Please can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running out of /usr space ...

Hi, Can anyone please advise me on how can i increase /usr disk space manually. The partition was created using manual disk spaces as per IT dept. request As i don't have any space available on the said production system. Therefore, i can move the /U01 FS to /U02 file system which will allow... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vitalwebsigns
7 Replies
AUVIRT(8)						  System Administration Utilities						 AUVIRT(8)

NAME
auvirt - a program that shows data related to virtual machines SYNOPSIS
auvirt [ OPTIONS ] DESCRIPTION
auvirt shows a list of guest sessions found in the audit logs. If a guest is specified, only the events related to that guest is consid- ered. To specify a guest, both UUID or VM name can be given. For each guest session the tool prints a record with the domain name, the user that started the guest, the time when the guest was started and the time when the guest was stoped. If the option "--all-events" is given a more detailed output is shown. In this mode other records are shown for guest's stops, resource assignments, host shutdowns and AVC and anomaly events. The first field indicates the event type and can have the following values: start, stop, res, avc, anom and down (for host shutdowns). Resource assignments have the additional fields: resource type, reason and resource. And AVC records have the following additional fields: operation, result, command and target. By default, auvirt reads records from the system audit log file. But --stdin and --file options can be specified to change this behavior. OPTIONS
--all-events Show records for all virtualization related events. --debug Print debug messages to standard output. -f, --file file Read records from the given file instead from the system audit log file. -h, --help Print help message and exit. --proof Add after each event a line containing all the identifiers of the audit records used to calculate the event. Each identifier con- sists of unix time, milliseconds and serial number. --show-uuid Add the guest's UUID to each record. --stdin Read records from the standard input instead from the system audit log file. This option cannot be specified with --file. --summary Print a summary with information about the events found. The summary contains the considered range of time, the number of guest starts and stops, the number of resource assignments, the number of AVC and anomaly events, the number of host shutdowns and the number of failed operations. -te, --end [end-date] [end-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or before the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, now is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influenced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, week-ago, this-month, this-year. Today means starting now. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -ts, --start [start-date] [start-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or after the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, midnight is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influ- enced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, this-month, this-year. Today means starting at 1 second after midnight. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -u, --uuid UUID Only show events related to the guest with the given UUID. -v, --vm name Only show events related to the guest with the given name. EXAMPLES
To see all the records in this month for a guest auvirt --start this-month --vm GuestVmName --all-events SEE ALSO
aulast(8), ausearch(8), aureport(8). AUTHOR
Marcelo Cerri IBM Corp Dec 2011 AUVIRT(8)