Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Restore a server from a ufsdump Post 302606972 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 09:13:38 AM
Old 03-13-2012
Okay good. Job done then.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

dd vs. ufsdump / restore

I want to clone a disk, i have not done this yet, i think dd and ufsdump | ufsrestore are the most common two options i see documented on the internet. Which one is better? pro's & kons? Tnx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ufsdump and restore

I just completed a level 0 ufsdump of the following files:- ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n / ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /usr ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /export/home ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /oracle ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /sapr3 I need to restore ALL the files onto a different machine and continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charleywasharo
1 Replies

3. AIX

Must restore data to DR server

Hello, I have posted several threads regarding my voyage of discovery with mksysb's and AIX, but seem to be at a loss now please help me. I need to restore data from a mksysb to a DR server. Problem is the DR server only has 2 disks not 4 and no mirrors. I need to restore AIX 5.2 to the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
7 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Building New server using Ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building New server using ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ufsdump to a remote server

Hello, how can I use ufsdump utility for filesystem backup to a remote directory on a server dedicated for backups ( over network) ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
3 Replies

7. Solaris

identify server type from ufsdump

Hi guys I have a little problem. I need to identify the server type from some ufsdumps. How can i do that? I grepped with: grep Sun messages* but with this command, if there server was never rebooted, i cannot recognize the server type. any other idea? thx in advance Ivan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
5 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Dead server, need to restore few files

Hi, One of my Linux server running Redhat version 3 is dead. I already build the new server but I need to get few of the license files from the old server. Currently, I booted the old server using the CDROM. But when I go to /mnt/sysimage/var, I don't see any of files? I also went to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Server migration - using ufsdump

hi all, i am refreshing my hardware, but i do not want to do a clean installation/reinstallation. I am wondering if i could do - do a ufsdump of the / partition (into a file on a nfs share) - bootup using cdrom in the new machine - mount the boot device/slice, and restore the ufsdump on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
7 Replies
IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)						  iptables 1.6.1					       IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)

NAME
iptables-restore -- Restore IP Tables ip6tables-restore -- Restore IPv6 Tables SYNOPSIS
iptables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] [file] ip6tables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] [file] DESCRIPTION
iptables-restore and ip6tables-restore are used to restore IP and IPv6 Tables from data specified on STDIN or in file. Use I/O redirection provided by your shell to read from a file or specify file as an argument. -c, --counters restore the values of all packet and byte counters -h, --help Print a short option summary. -n, --noflush don't flush the previous contents of the table. If not specified, both commands flush (delete) all previous contents of the respec- tive table. -t, --test Only parse and construct the ruleset, but do not commit it. -v, --verbose Print additional debug info during ruleset processing. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-restore will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -T, --table name Restore only the named table even if the input stream contains other ones. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> wrote iptables-restore based on code from Rusty Russell. Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-restore. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-save(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)