Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Discovery LPAR from HMC
Operating Systems AIX Discovery LPAR from HMC Post 302606678 by Zio Bill on Monday 12th of March 2012 11:38:27 AM
Old 03-12-2012
Question Discovery LPAR from HMC

Hi All,
i would like to know if it's possible to know all the IP Addresses of all LPAR's interfaces from HMC (without connect into LPAR).
And if i can know also the "Application" hostname of LPAR from HMC.

Thanks in advance.

Bye

Mario

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

disk discovery

when I "ls /dev/dsk/ ", I can see c0t0d0 and c0t2d0; but when I use format command, I can only see c0t0d0 available; why this happens? how many disk do I have on the machine? (I do not know that) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
2 Replies

2. AIX

CDROM Issue on LPAR HMC VIO

Whenever I assign/unassign a CDROM ( RAID CTRL ) to Active LPAR from HMC, I have to reboot the LPAR. How can I do it without rebooting the LPARS. POWER6 with HMC LPARS = AIX 6.1 Any info developerWorks : AIX and UNIX : PowerVM Forum : Moving CD-ROM/DVD-ROM dynamically ... But... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

4. AIX

HMC Hardware Discovery does not work for p595 frames

Hi, I require help with hardware discovery while running a command from an HMC with firmware V7.3.5 SP 3. The two frames I am running the command for are p 5 595's. Command input: lshwres -m swdc-c02-9119-595-SN02780CF -r io --rsubtype slotchildren -F lpar_name Error output: The managed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXNEWBIE62
1 Replies

5. AIX

Setup hacmp on lpar with a hmc for home lab

Unix Guys i want to setup a lab in my house for learning, i want to setup and hacmp and a seperate server where i can setup 2 lpars and then cluster those 2 lpars and setup them up for failover what is the cheapest way to achive this. my objective is to learn hmc -> managed server via... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
7 Replies

6. AIX

Command to show HMC of this lpar?

Does anyone know of a command that can be run on the lpar to show the name of the lpars managing HMC? We have a large environment and records a little old on which HMC manages which lpars....if i could login to an lpar and just issue a command to show me its managing hmc that would be great. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Foiled
2 Replies

7. AIX

Install AIX lpar via hmc, can't access cd drive

Hi , I would like to access the cd drive of , i have power series server , and have lpars . I try to install AIX in an lpar via HMC, but it can't access the cd drive. how i can make installtion or make the the cd drive accessible in hmc or in power series server? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
2 Replies

8. AIX

Moving VIOS, LPAR's, HMC to different subnet

Hi, Just joined to new company with one Power 720 Express (8202-E4C) server and have no much experience with IBM systems. I am trying to move everything I mentioned to different subnet as required by customer contract (currently sitting on same subnet as company lan). Access to this subnet will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: spricer
8 Replies

9. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hmc lpar console integration

We want to integrate powervm by using openstack with hmc. Now we encounter problem with the console, we can open the terminal within hmc, and I think hmc using tech java applet. sample applet code like <applet codebase="https://172.16.28.174/hmc/"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagle
0 Replies
esdplay(1)							   User Commands							esdplay(1)

NAME
esdplay - play a sound file SYNOPSIS
esdplay [-h] [-s hostname:port] [-v] filename DESCRIPTION
The esdplay application plays a sound file using the Enlightened Sound Daemon (esd). The input data is read from the specified filename. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Display help text, and exit. -s hostname:portContact the esd server on hostname at port. You can also specify this option as follows: --server=hostname:port -v Display version information, and exit. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename Specify the filename from which the input data should be read. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Playing sound file "beep" example% esdplay beep EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/esdplay Executable for Enlightened Sound Daemon sound player. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-audio | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
esdcat(1), esdmon(1), esdrec(1), esdsample(1), esdctl(1), esd-config(1), libesd(3) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 8 Jan 2003 esdplay(1)