Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Automounter floods ioctl and futex error messages Post 302606555 by Esaia on Monday 12th of March 2012 03:25:59 AM
Old 03-12-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin_xor
What are you auto-mounting? NFS share? Resource temporarily unavailable could mean anything like full usage of memory, exceeding permitted number of processes, out of temporary storage, etc. What exactly are you doing here?
Hi!

Yes NFS shares via NetAPP filers.
got lots of RAM and /tmp so probably not, but maybe some kind of system resource value hitting the roof.

these messages flood by all the time even when the automounter aint doing much.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automounter

I have this question in my study guide could anyone please help me with the answer and (explicit) explanation. hostname: HOSTONE automounter file: /etc/auto.home entry: scps HOSTTWO:/export/home/scps commands executed on HOSTONE, mark all commands where the automounter will be invoked. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: almendrita
3 Replies

2. Programming

ioctl()

UNIX, gnu cc compiler, SUN Ultra 60 Hello, this is my first post, so please bear with me. I'm currently developing a test environment for a network subsystem that, when live, accesses databases and other network elements. However, my test environment will be run offline, so I need to fake... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_t_kim
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automounter

Hi ALL, Does anyone know how automounting can be disabled in solaris? (I need to mount the home directory on to a sun machine from another machine. So I run something like mount another_machine:/home /home (on my sun) however i get an error saying device busy) I was told automouting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkap
1 Replies

4. AIX

NIS and automounter...

Have an AIX 5.2 box. I had automounter already setup to control /home using /etc/auto_home as an indirect automount map. Then we added NIS. We have it working, but for some reason, the NIS table auto.home seems to override /etc/auto_home entries. Of course, there are some duplicates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garry_Garrett
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Inappropriate ioctl for device, format error

When I try to format a slice in Solaris 10 I get the follow error : -bash-3.00# mkfs /dev/dsk/c1d0s5 18877824 Can not determine partition size: Inappropriate ioctl for device Some format command output:.... AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c1d0 <DEFAULT cyl 38735 alt 2 hd 64 sec 63>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spoonman
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ioctl : strace

Hi All, int ioctl(int d, int request, ...); Can somebody tell me how does ioctl decides the input parameter: "request". Sometimes, its SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS or FIONREAD...etc. What is the pattern?? I am asking this coz my strace returns this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
1 Replies

7. Solaris

fssnap ioctl error

For some reason when I try to take a snapshot of the root slice on a particular machine I get an ioctl 22 error. I can't seem to find much on the problem by searching the internet other than some realtime processes such as ntp that use mlock can cause this to happen. I tried running it with truss... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Naming services + Automounter

Hi gurus, I am trying to understand the enviroment which we are using. The fact that I am asking is that this is production enviroment and I cannot change anything to experiment. Following servers are somehow related to each other, please help me figure out if my conclusions are correct. -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to mount NFS using automounter(autofs)?

I have an nfs at 192.168.1.10:/home/vm1/Desktop/nfs and will like to mount locally to /home/vm1/Desktop/nfs-mount using automounter...need help doing do What i did $cat /etc/auto.master /home/vm1/Desktop /etc/auto.nfs $cat /etc/auto.nfs nfs-bind -fstype=nfs ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies
GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)						Linux System Calls						GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)

NAME
get_robust_list, set_robust_list - get/set list of robust futexes SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/futex.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <syscall.h> long get_robust_list(int pid, struct robust_list_head **head_ptr, size_t *len_ptr); long set_robust_list(struct robust_list_head *head, size_t len); Note: There are no glibc wrappers for these system calls; see NOTES. DESCRIPTION
The robust futex implementation needs to maintain per-thread lists of robust futexes which are unlocked when the thread exits. These lists are managed in user space; the kernel is notified about only the location of the head of the list. The get_robust_list() system call returns the head of the robust futex list of the thread whose thread ID is specified in pid. If pid is 0, the head of the list for the calling thread is returned. The list head is stored in the location pointed to by head_ptr. The size of the object pointed to by **head_ptr is stored in len_ptr. The set_robust_list() system call requests the kernel to record the head of the list of robust futexes owned by the calling thread. The head argument is the list head to record. The len argument should be sizeof(*head). RETURN VALUE
The set_robust_list() and get_robust_list() system calls return zero when the operation is successful, an error code otherwise. ERRORS
The set_robust_list() system call can fail with the following error: EINVAL len does not match the size of structure struct robust_list_head expected by kernel. The get_robust_list() system call can fail with the following errors: EPERM The calling process does not have permission to see the robust futex list of the thread with the thread ID pid, and does not have the CAP_SYS_PTRACE capability. ESRCH No thread with the thread ID pid could be found. EFAULT The head of the robust futex list can't be stored at the location head. VERSIONS
These system calls were added in Linux 2.6.17. NOTES
These system calls are not needed by normal applications. No support for them is provided in glibc. In the unlikely event that you want to call them directly, use syscall(2). A thread can have only one robust futex list; therefore applications that wish to use this functionality should use the robust mutexes pro- vided by glibc. SEE ALSO
futex(2) Documentation/robust-futexes.txt and Documentation/robust-futex-ABI.txt in the Linux kernel source tree Linux 2015-01-22 GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)